It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I create a filter on timestamp in Rational Insight on last modified date using timestamp

Brandy Guillory (5311925) | asked Dec 13 '13, 4:02 p.m.
edited Dec 13 '13, 4:13 p.m. by Fariz Saracevic (904613)
I have built a report in Rational Insight and will set the Cognos Scheduler to run every day at 5:00 PM PST. What I need is the report to only show data from 5:00 PM PST the night before to the time I run the report at 5:00 PM PST the next day. In other words, i want to use last modified date in the request section but I am not sure how to set the filter. Any help would be appreciated

Comments
Fariz Saracevic commented Dec 13 '13, 4:13 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Brandy, you question is not related to JazzHub. I have removed jazzhub tag.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Dec 17 '13, 2:43 p.m.
Hi Brandi -
We do something similar where we want to show only workitems in the report that have been updated in the last week. We have this filter in the report to get only workitems that have been resolved in the previous 7 days:   _days_between(current_date, [Resolved Date]) <= 7

You could do something similar with your report using the built-in functions like  'current_date',  'current_timestamp' or 'current_time' to get to the date/timestamp you're looking to use in your filter.
Brandy Guillory selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Brandy Guillory commented Dec 17 '13, 3:54 p.m.

Thank you Jackie , you are awesome! I will try this solution

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.