It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Clear team explorer IM installer for RTC 4.0.1

Kunal Doddanavar (45222732) | asked Nov 29 '13, 6:01 a.m.
Hi, 
    I wish to know the process to install the ClearTeam Explorer plugin into RTC eclipse client 4.0.1.

I tried locating the IM installer for the ClearTeam Explorer plugin, but did not find it.

ClearCase ver 8.0.0.8

The problem I have encountered is that in In RTC, “Select Activity” dropdown list doesn't show WorkItems
created in the current session.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Kunal

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 01 '13, 4:55 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
From the CTE development team:
You can install CTE into RTC by the following three methods:
1. (As you noted, you can point to a v8 web server) Open the RTC Eclipse client, select Help->Install New Software... and point to the update site e.g. http://ccrcwanserverhost/ccrc/update/  of a CC V8 web server.
2. Use IM to install the ccrc.ext offering into RTC
3. Use IM to install ClearCase. During the ClearCase install, select the 'CTE update site' component. This will install the CTE update site locally. Next, open RTC, select Help->Install New Software, and point to the local update site

Also, note that if Eclipse 4.2.x is used, a ClearCase 8.0.1.x client is required. If Eclipse 3.6.x is used, a ClearCsae 8.0.0.x client is required.
Kunal Doddanavar selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.