It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom Attributes and Editor Presentations of Work Items

John Doran (9182) | asked Feb 26 '09, 4:48 p.m.
What I want to do is create a custom attribute on a custom work item that is the same type as an Estimate. (The user would be able to input it in terms of weeks, days, hours, minutes.)

Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Types and Attributes - Add Attribute
From the drop down of choices for Type , there is not an obvious choice to match what I want.

Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Editor Presentations - Add Presentation
From the drop down of choices for Kind , there is a Time Estimates choice which is good.

When creating custom attributes, are we limited to a subset of the attribute types that exist in Jazz?

That is what I am gathering from ...

https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/work-items-cust/workitem-editor-presentations.html

" For basic types like string, integer, boolean, html, text: these kinds are intended to be used for custom attributes ... Special attribute cases like: contributor, category, release, iteration: these are used for specific attributes and are not useful for custom attributes"

Can someone please clarify for me?

One answer

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Feb 27 '09, 4:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
The estimate field is of type int, but the Agile Planning component has put more semantic into it (on the level of the presentation). It is currently not possible to have a custom estimate attribute.

In 2.0 there are more attribute types supported than is listed on the wiki (e.g. list of contributors), but nothing is planned for estimate.

Please file an enhancement request against the work item component describing your scenario.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.