It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrading from RTC 2 to 3.0.1- Repotools fails on Creating Jazz tables

Amin Eskooch (1122) | asked Apr 02 '13, 6:42 p.m.
edited Apr 05 '13, 3:23 p.m. by Joseph Pesot (61)
when running the command
./repotools-jazz.sh -createTables -clean

to setup the database migration from 2 to 3, the command fails with :
CRJAZ0812I Failed to drop the schema "APT_SNAPSHOT".

i have checked and the db2 user does have all the admin rights necessary.

Please help.

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Apr 03 '13, 2:29 a.m.

Hello Amin,
Could you refer me to the documentation you are using to upgrade? I have reviewed infocenter: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_upgrade_jts.html and I didn't find following command to be executed.

Amin Eskooch commented Apr 03 '13, 4:13 a.m.

Its under "settng up the database" topicc for db2 

3 answers

permanent link
Gail Burati (611) | answered Apr 03 '13, 9:42 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Amin -

The upgrade from RTC2 to 3.0.1 includes separating out the Jazz Team Server as an application with its own database. You will need to create a new DB2 database for the 3.0.1 JTS. The RTC 2 DB2 database will be upgraded to the RTC 3.0.1 format via a reptools-jazz --addTables command. You may also want to create yet another DB2 database at this point for a data warehouse.

There are upgrade wrapper scripts that can help you through the series of repotools commands that are necessary to separate out the JTS information from RTC. The documentation is here:
Upgrading RTC2 using scripts
Let me know if you have more questions.

permanent link
Gail Burati (611) | answered Apr 03 '13, 10:16 a.m.
Also Amin -

Be sure to go back to a "pre-createTables" version of your RTC 2 database before starting this upgrade process as unfortunately, that command may have dropped some tables.

Again, let me know if you have questions - I did many upgrades as part of testing the 3.0.1 release.

Gail

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered Apr 05 '13, 5:19 p.m.
 One other note of caution.  Make sure that you are using a supported version of DB2.  I do know of one other customer that had an issue with an older version of DB2 not supporting the new tablenames on an upgrade.  I Believe that it had something to do with the tablename being too long for the earlier version of DB2 to handle.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.