It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrade CLM 4.0.1 to 4.0.5 - QM Upgrade failed

Robert Lopes (112) | asked Feb 07 '14, 8:34 a.m.
edited Feb 07 '14, 12:04 p.m.
My Case:

CLM 4.0.1/Tomcat/Oracle Database 11g Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production

Upgrading to CLM 4.0.5 and same infrastructure with Tomcat/Oracle Database 11g Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production

Following the guide on step 6 Run the upgrade script
upgrade/jts/jts_upgrade.sh -oldJTSHome JTS_4.0.1_install_dir/server/conf OK
upgrade/ccm/ccm_upgrade.sh -oldApplicationHome CCM_4.0.1_install_dir/server/conf OK
upgrade/qm/qm_upgrade.sh -oldApplicationHome QM_4.0.1_install_dir/server/conf failed
upgrade/rm/rm_upgrade.sh -oldApplicationHome RM_4.0.1_install_dir/server/conf OK

LOG:
WARNING: You are about to update the tables for the database "thin:JAZZQM/xxxxxxxx@//*****************:1521/bdo2".
This action cannot be undone.  Do you wish to continue?  Enter Y to confirm.
Y
Adding tables to the database "thin:JAZZQM/xxxxxxxx@//********************:1521/bdo2".
CRJAZ1442I The component model of "com.ibm.team.repository" was updated from "32" to "34".
CRJAZ1442I The component model of "com.ibm.team.process" was updated from "21" to "23".
CRJAZ1442I The component model of "com.ibm.rqm.deployment" was updated from "6" to "7".
CRJAZ1442I The component model of "com.ibm.rational.test.lm" was updated from "8" to "12".
CRJAZ1442I The component model of "com.ibm.rqm.template" was updated from "4" to "8".
CRJAZ1442I The component model of "com.ibm.rqm.risk" was updated from "3" to "4".
CRJAZ1442I The component model of "com.ibm.rqm.planning" was updated from "20" to "27".
CRJAZ1442I The component model of "com.ibm.rqm.buildintegration" was updated from "3" to "5".
CRJAZ1442I The component model of "com.ibm.rational.test.lm.sequencer" was updated from "6" to "8".
CRJAZ1442I The component model of "com.ibm.team.workitem" was updated from "17" to "18".
CRJAZ1442I The component model of "com.ibm.rqm.datapool" was updated from "4" to "5".
CRJAZ1442I The component model of "com.ibm.rqm.execution" was updated from "22" to "30".
CRJAZ1442I The component model of "com.ibm.rqm.defects" was updated from "1" to "2".
CRJAZ1442I The component model of "com.ibm.rqm.keyword" was updated from "6" to "9".
CRJAZ1442I The component model of "com.ibm.team.markers" was updated from "1.0" to "2.0".
CRJAZ1442I The component model of "com.ibm.team.reports" was updated from "1.7" to "1.8".
CRJAZ1442I The component model of "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" was updated from "15" to "17".
CRJAZ1439I A new collection attribute "stringExtensions" was added to class "CalmRequirementCollection".
CRJAZ1439I A new collection attribute "intExtensions" was added to class "CalmRequirementCollection".
CRJAZ1439I A new collection attribute "booleanExtensions" was added to class "CalmRequirementCollection".
CRJAZ1439I A new collection attribute "timestampExtensions" was added to class "CalmRequirementCollection".
CRJAZ1439I A new collection attribute "longExtensions" was added to class "CalmRequirementCollection".
CRJAZ1439I A new collection attribute "largeStringExtensions" was added to class "CalmRequirementCollection".
CRJAZ1439I A new collection attribute "mediumStringExtensions" was added to class "CalmRequirementCollection".
CRJAZ1439I A new collection attribute "bigDecimalExtensions" was added to class "CalmRequirementCollection".
CRJAZ1439I A new collection attribute "calmRequirements" was added to class "CalmRequirementCollection".
CRJAZ1433E An attribute "calmRequirements" has been added to class "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.common.model.CalmRequirementCollection", but there is no corresponding model evolution descriptor.
CRJAZ1433E An attribute "stringExtensions" has been added to class "com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.Item", but there is no corresponding model evolution descriptor.
CRJAZ1433E An attribute "intExtensions" has been added to class "com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.Item", but there is no corresponding model evolution descriptor.
CRJAZ1433E An attribute "booleanExtensions" has been added to class "com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.Item", but there is no corresponding model evolution descriptor.
CRJAZ1433E An attribute "timestampExtensions" has been added to class "com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.Item", but there is no corresponding model evolution descriptor.
CRJAZ1433E An attribute "longExtensions" has been added to class "com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.Item", but there is no corresponding model evolution descriptor.
CRJAZ1433E An attribute "largeStringExtensions" has been added to class "com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.Item", but there is no corresponding model evolution descriptor.
CRJAZ1433E An attribute "mediumStringExtensions" has been added to class "com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.Item", but there is no corresponding model evolution descriptor.
CRJAZ1433E An attribute "bigDecimalExtensions" has been added to class "com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.Item", but there is no corresponding model evolution descriptor.
CRJAZ1433E An attribute "calmRequirements" has been added to class "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.common.model.CalmRequirementCollection", but there is no corresponding model evolution descriptor.
The user "ADMIN" has logged out of the database "thin:JAZZQM/xxxxxxxx@//***********************:1521/bdo2".
CRJAZ1430E Detected one or more illegal model evolutions during migration.  See above for details.  No changes were made to your database.

The qm upgrade failed at step 1.  Correct the problem and run the script again starting at step 1.

In repotools-qm_addTables.log 
2014-02-07 11:00:09,915 CRJAZ1430E Detected one or more illegal model evolutions during migration.  See above for details.  No changes were made to your database.
2014-02-07 11:00:09,918 CRJAZ1430E Detected one or more illegal model evolutions during migration.  See above for details.  No changes were made to your database.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ1430E Detected one or more illegal model evolutions during migration.  See above for details.  No changes were made to your database.
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseMaintenanceService.analyzeModelEvolutions(DatabaseMaintenanceService.java:681)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseMaintenanceService.internalUpdateAllSchemas(DatabaseMaintenanceService.java:591)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseMaintenanceService$8.run(DatabaseMaintenanceService.java:337)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseMaintenanceService$8.run(DatabaseMaintenanceService.java:1)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase$Transaction.run(RepositoryDatabase.java:496)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase$1.run(RepositoryDatabase.java:320)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService.withCurrentConnection(ConnectionPoolService.java:439)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor23.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
        at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)
        at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347)
        at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy103.withCurrentConnection(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runTransaction(RepositoryDatabase.java:316)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runExclusive(RepositoryDatabase.java:294)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.PrimitiveTransactionService.runExclusive(PrimitiveTransactionService.java:125)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
        at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)
        at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347)
        at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy114.runExclusive(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseMaintenanceService.updateAllSchemas(DatabaseMaintenanceService.java:333)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy209.updateAllSchemas(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.local.internal.AddTablesCommand$1.run(AddTablesCommand.java:72)
        at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.local.internal.AddTablesCommand$1.run(AddTablesCommand.java:1)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.TeamServiceContext.runAsAdmin(TeamServiceContext.java:141)
        at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.local.internal.AddTablesCommand.addTables(AddTablesCommand.java:62)
        at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.local.internal.AddTablesCommand.execute(AddTablesCommand.java:169)
        at com.ibm.team.repotools.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:66)
        at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.run(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:816)
        at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.start(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:891)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)

How identify the reason and solution about CRJAZ1433E and CRJAZ1430E?

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMSystemRequirements405406
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 2 11.2.0.2 and future fixpacks 64 bit 64 bit Requires Oracle Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) ojdbc6.jar.11.2.0.3 or higher
I update ojdbc to 11.2.0.3. and 11.2.0.4, but not works yet.

One answer

permanent link
Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | answered Feb 07 '14, 4:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Robert,
I have seen this issue before.
CRJAZ1430E Detected one or more illegal model evolutions during migration.  See above for details.  No changes were made to your database.
The solution was to restore the QM DB from backup and run the repotools-qm -addTables command.
Hopefully that should help get you past the issue.

If by chance it still fails, I would recommend you open a PMR so we can investigate the issue to resolve it.

Thanks
Sandy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.