It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Searching team area without knowing its Project area.

Meena B.R. (5737) | asked Oct 28 '13, 1:34 p.m.
Hi,

Is there any way to serarch a "team area" directly in RTC (in both Eclipse client as well as web client) without knowing  the project area under which it is created.

EX: We have search fields to filter out the users and projects. Do we have similar search field or any other way to search the team areas directly??

Regards,
Meena

Accepted answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Oct 29 '13, 2:37 a.m.
Hi Meena,

Search scope for Team Area is specific to Project Area ( I think there is no search for team areas under project scope you have to manually list with below options )

1) In web (ccm\admin): it will list under Team Area Hierarchy ( Project Area scope)

2) RTC client : Team Organization ( Project Area scope)

Regards,
Arun

Meena B.R. selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Oct 29 '13, 3:04 a.m.
Hi Meena,

Check the list command using lscm for teamareas find the below link

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/rational-team-concert-command-line-reference/

Regards,
Arun.

permanent link
Meena B.R. (5737) | answered Oct 29 '13, 7:39 a.m.
edited Oct 29 '13, 7:41 a.m.
Hi Arun & Stephanie,

@Arun : Currently we are not using command line. So wont be able to try it out. Anyways thank you for the link, going forward it will be useful as a reference. one more question, If I use the command line to list the team areas will i be able to know the Project area associated to it?? And for you second reply : yes I have tried these two options in both Eclipse client as well as Web client and even i was able to list the teams only in the scope of Project area.

@Stephanie: Thank you for the reply. Even I thought so.

This question arised when the users asked for the membership of the team area directly without mentioning the Project area name under which it is created. We currently have 200+ projects and its not feasible for us to open each and every project and check manually if the requested team area exists under it.

Thank you guys.

Regards,
Meena

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Oct 28 '13, 2:35 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
No, you need to access the search based on the project area.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.