It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Any known issues with visual studio 2008 and 2010 on the same machine?

James Cole (9532430) | asked Oct 22 '13, 4:34 a.m.
 Hi All, 

I have installed the RTC plugin for RTC 4.0.1 into VS 2008, which works no problem.

Recently I have installed VS 2010 and so have therefore added the plugin to this installation as well, which seemed to go OK. However, whenever I view the team artifacts tab in the 2010 version it is missing the repository workspaces and source control in the tree node.

The interesting thing is that the connection is the same and the projects are the same. If I open up 2008, this shows the streams etc, but the information is missing in 2010. 

Any suggestions other than de-install version 2008?

Thanks

James

Accepted answer

permanent link
Saikarthik Natesan (461) | answered Oct 22 '13, 11:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi James,

From the description, I have a feeling that the source control option in VS 2010 is not set to Jazz source control.
You can check that in Tools -> Options -> Source Control and set "Jazz Source Control"  as current source-control plugin.

Thanks,
Sai
James Cole selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
James Cole commented Oct 25 '13, 6:41 a.m.

Thanks. I had a feeling it would be something simple like that. For some reason the machine did not save the original settings when it was changed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.