It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Lock file decorators unpredictable in Navigator view

Irene Wang (123) | asked Dec 09 '11, 5:53 a.m.
edited Oct 06 '17, 11:26 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Hello,

Our team has been testing out the file locking mechanism in RTC using the V3.0.1 Eclipse client.

We have noticed that, in the Navigator and Project Explorer views, the blue lock icon decorators do not appear and clear as expected.

From reading other threads on this forum, I have gathered that it is necessary to make a change in the local Eclipse workspace on a given file to cause a synchronization with the repository, which includes getting the current lock status. It is true that when we make a local change, the Pending Changes view gets the correct current lock status, and the appropriate blue lock icon decorators. The Navigator and Project Explorer views, on the other hand, do not seem to react at all.

Another observation that I am not sure is related is that when I right-click on the stream in the Team Artifacts view and select "Show" --> "File Locks", the table is always blank despite locks existing. To compare, the corresponding lock query in the RTC web client shows the expected list of locks.

Any ideas on whether there is an issue with the configuration of our RTC server/project area, or if there is a bug?

Thanks,

Irene

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Oct 10 '17, 11:05 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 10 '17, 11:05 a.m.

I have not observed this situation myself, however at least one other person has, and this issue is tracked in the following defect:
[Eclipse] When a file is locked (or unlocked) from the "Project Explorer/Package Explorer" views, the lock decorator does not show up next to the file (443059)

Michael Valenta selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.