It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Overview of Workitems

varun ibm (611722) | asked Oct 21 '13, 8:43 a.m.
Hello All,

As a PO for different project areas I would like to have an overview about all work items, plans, current and upcoming requirements regarding the systems and their future enhancements. Not yet planned requirements should be in a requirement pot from where the responsible product owners/scrum masters (need to be defined) are able to distribute the requirements to certain projects. 

Is something like this possible ? If not please suggest the possible solution to something similar.

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Oct 21 '13, 9:09 a.m.
the best way to have an overview of a project is the dashboard: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m4/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.dashboard.doc/topics/c_about_dashboards.html?resultof=%22dashboard%22%20&scope=null

Please note you can populate it with widgets showing different reports: workitems, plans and so on.
You can also combine reports from a number of different projects on one dashboard
varun ibm selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
varun ibm commented Oct 21 '13, 9:41 a.m.

Thanks Aniola,

I am able to see the reports as you mentioned from different project areas.

However what I would like to know is if there is a way to have workitems from different project areas?
Or Query workitems from other project areas ??

Also tracking 3 or 4 child project from Main parent project areas ? I have heard a bit about cross project tracking but not sure if that might help as expected. we are in RTC 4.0 

Piotr Aniola commented Oct 21 '13, 9:58 a.m.

You cannot have a query that shows workitems from more than one project. This is one of the most popular requests: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=94575

Please note however, that you can have separate widgets on your dashboard (one per project area). Alternatively, you can write a custom Birt report that gathers data from more than one project area, and display this report (in a dashboard widget or otherwise).

varun ibm commented Oct 21 '13, 11:05 a.m.

Thanks again for the link. This will be a very good enhancement!!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.