It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Failed to connect to repository and install-server.xml file cannot be found error

anoop mc (74811196221) | asked Oct 17 '13, 2:03 a.m.
Hi,

For evaluation purpose when I tried to install CLM 4.0.1 and also CLM 3.0.1 ( which was installed earlier and removed) it throws the below error.

Not sure what has gone wrong here. Prior to this I have installed and uninstalled many a times and this is the first time getting the error.

Can anyone suggest some resolution steps.

Add Repo Error

Install_error

4 answers

permanent link
Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | answered Oct 17 '13, 5:08 a.m.
Hi anoop,

I'm not sure what you want to do at the moment.
From the screenshots you try to open the web installer package with the installation manager.
This won't be working.

First you have to download the installation manager packages and only those packages can be opend in IM.
You'll find them in the "all downloads" section. You have to scroll down a bit for them.
Those packages must be unzipped and the repository.config file must be opened within IM.

Hope this helps,
Simon

permanent link
anoop mc (74811196221) | answered Oct 17 '13, 5:29 a.m.

Hi Simon,

I have already installed Installation Manager Version - 1.4.3

Hope you meant Configuring the Installation Manager by following below steps

Instructions for configuring Installation Manager

After you have downloaded and installed IBM Installation Manager from this page, follow these steps to configure it to use separately downloaded Installation Manager repositories:

• Start Installation Manager and select File > Preferences.

• On the Repositories preferences page, click Add Repository and select the repository.config file from your downloaded Installation Manager repository. Click OK.

Click Install. Installation Manager will prompt to install using the repositories.

from the link below I have started downloading the required files for configuring IM

https://jazz.net/downloads/ibm-installation-manager/releases/1.4.3?p=gettingStarted

permanent link
Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | answered Oct 17 '13, 5:34 a.m.
Hi anoop,

yes, but to get a package inside in Installation Manager you need a Installation Manager repositories.
What you have "Web Installer" is no installation Manager package.

There is a section using "all downloads" to get installation manager repositories:

Hope this helps,
Simon

permanent link
Keith Woodard (11) | answered Jun 05 '18, 12:46 p.m.

This is a no starter for me while using Windows 8. I have installed from Jazz.net he latest versions for IBM Installation Manager and RTC RC1. I installed everything using an administrator account. I have used short-file names to no avail. The error I am receiving is bogus since the file in question does in fact exist and is readable. 

The com.ibm.team.install.rtc.client.eclipse.ies44 package specified in the C:\Temp\RTCRC1\im\win32.win32.x86_64\install-eclipse44-client.xml file cannot be found.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.