It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

List of reporters remains (almost) empty when trying to create a JIRA defect

Kristof Van Sever (11812) | asked Oct 14 '13, 11:04 a.m.
retagged Oct 17 '13, 9:17 a.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)

Hi guys,

After the installation and configuration of the OSLC plugin between my Collaborative Lifecycle Management (4.0.3) and Jira (5.2.17) I tried creating a Jira defect in QM. However, even though I can select an Assignee (which is the Jira user I logged in with) the list of Reporters only has the sublist-titles 'Suggestions' and 'All users' in it. Because of that I can not select a reporter to create a defect. So I guess that for some reason my userlist is not loaded. Anyone else who has experienced this problem or has an idea what a solution could be?

(The summary also is noted to have an error, even though some text is added in it, so that would be a second issue)

Thanks,

Kristof

2 answers

permanent link
Sergio Deras (14613) | answered Oct 14 '13, 2:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Kristof:
This is a known issue, please ask your system administrator to make a change in the Jira server to workaround the issue:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rliahelp/v1r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rlia.jira.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_JIRA_troubleshoot_issue5x.html

If you cannot contact your admin, I can suggest you to use Chrome, this browser does not present this problem, even if it is not listed as a supported browser, it has worked pretty well for me.

Regards.

Comments
Kristof Van Sever commented Oct 15 '13, 3:35 a.m. | edited Oct 15 '13, 4:30 a.m.

This unfortunately does not fix it. I already tried out the fix yesterday, using chrome doesnt do the trick either. The difference with the scenario described in the fix is that in my case when clicking on the reporter selection box I do get 'suggestions' and 'all users' in it.

When I add an issue in JIRA itself, it all works like expected too...

When I load the page in chrome, I also get a bunch of warnings/errors regarding mixed content.

Sergio Deras commented Oct 15 '13, 10:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

It has worked for me all the times I have used Chrome. What is your Chrome version? What is your OS? Would it be possible to apply the workaround for the Jira server?

Kristof Van Sever commented Oct 15 '13, 10:17 a.m. | edited Oct 15 '13, 10:18 a.m.

Regarding Chrome, the latest version of it (downloaded yesterday 30.0.1599.69 m on windows xp SP3) seems to block mixed content, i.e. files coming from the JIRA server which comes over HTTP when the Jazz server serves its files over https. I have been able to solve my problem now though, by downloading a newer version of the 1.1 plugin.

permanent link
Kristof Van Sever (11812) | answered Oct 15 '13, 10:19 a.m.
I have been able to solve the problem by downloading and installing a newer version of the 1.1 plugin (upgraded to the one released on 10 Oct 2013).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.