It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import Test cases from Excel to RQM

Soujanya Sri (1256) | asked Jun 05 '13, 10:57 a.m.
retagged Jun 05 '13, 11:56 a.m. by Laura Kuczarski (21137)

Hi,

Can you please explain , how can i import Test cases from Excel to RQM?  I have a Testing background but techinally strong to understand, and not able to find it easy when i search the details for doing this.

i am looking at the below document and have many Questions.....can somebody please assist me ?

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_install_word_excel_import.html

Thank you , and looking for some help :(

9 answers

permanent link
Laura Kuczarski (21137) | answered Jun 05 '13, 11:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Soujanya,

If you haven't already, it may help to look at the information that is available on the jazz.net wiki:  https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter

Also, please let me know if you have any specific questions about the information center documentation that you mentioned in your post.

Thanks!
Laura

permanent link
Soujanya Sri (1256) | answered Jun 05 '13, 5:37 p.m.

In Add-In Installation  Steps, i have installed Microsoft interop support 2010 and 2007.

the next step says Extract the installation files from RQM-Extras-RQMExcelWordImporter-<version>.zip.

Where can i find this Zip file? We have RQM 3.0.1 version.

Thanks for responding to my request

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Jun 05 '13, 8:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Soujanya,
You can find the tool here"

Go to Downloads -> Rational Quality Manager -> Select the version of RQM using using -> Select the 
All Downloads tab -> Under Extras select Microsoft Excel and Word to Rational Quality Manager Import Utility 

permanent link
Soujanya Sri (1256) | answered Jun 06 '13, 9:33 a.m.

I am not able to see Rational Quality Manager in Downloads...not sure what is missing? please let me know.

Comments
Laura Kuczarski commented Jun 06 '13, 9:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Soujanya Sri (1256) | answered Jun 06 '13, 9:53 a.m.
Yes i can access this page...shall i click on all under Extracts for RQMwordExcelImporter?

Comments
Laura Kuczarski commented Jun 06 '13, 9:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, clicking on that link will download the RQM-Extras-RQMExcelWordImporter-3.0.1.zip file.

permanent link
Soujanya Sri (1256) | answered Jun 06 '13, 10:10 a.m.
Yes i have downloaded the Zip file and extracted RQMExcelImporterSetup.exe, RQMExcelImporterSetup.msi and KB908002 to My downloads.

permanent link
Soujanya Sri (1256) | answered Jun 06 '13, 10:24 a.m.
i ran successfully RQMExcelImporterSetup.exe , but i am not able to see the RQM add-in in Excel. is there anything with the versions that i need to look for? thank you

Comments
Laura Kuczarski commented Jun 06 '13, 10:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello,
The wiki page ( https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter ) has some troubleshooting information that might help:

RQM menu does not appear in Excel or Word after installation?

Although the installation goes through without a hiccup, sometimes the RQM menu does not appear. This is mainly due to the fact that Microsoft Office sometimes fails to load the add-ins, if the add-in is built upon .NET framework v2.0 or above. See the article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948461 for more details.

Alternatively, you can try the following options :

• Install Microsoft Office 2003 SP3 on top of Microsoft Office 2003
  • Upgrade to Microsoft Office 2007

permanent link
Soujanya Sri (1256) | answered Jun 06 '13, 10:44 a.m.

I am sorry , i am not able to figure out what to do next :(, I have 2010 excel , do i have to install Microsoft office 2003 SP3, as mentioned above? if so where can i do that.
Also the other option is to upgrade to Microsoft office 2007, but i already have 2010 on my system,

Please let me know what can i do to work this

permanent link
Soujanya Sri (1256) | answered Jun 14 '13, 9:50 a.m.

Can someone help me on getting this RQM add in please? what can be the issues , everything went fine in the Installation....is there anything that i need to check in My MS Excel version ? or any suggestions? please let me know, ...we are not able to do this successfully till now, ...and we have some hundreds of test cases for evry release which need to be exported every month, and this will make it easy to do if we have this add-in from excel.

Is there a way that i can get any support from Jazz or IBM for this?

Thanks and will wait for the response..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.