It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can RTC client 4.0 be integrated with RSA 8.0.2?

Kevin Lou (311925) | asked Sep 25 '13, 8:26 a.m.
 I have RSA 8.0.2 (32bit) installed and now I am trying to install RTC Eclipse client 4.0 into the same package. I am getting an error saying that "...Client for Eclipse IDE 4.0 is not allowed in this package group; it is not compatible with IBM Rational Software Architect for WebSphere Software 8.0.2...". 
My questions are:
 - which version of RTC client can be integrated with RSA8.0.2 ?
 - which version of RSA can be integrated with RTC 4.0 ?
I have been trying to find the support matrix but could not find one mentions RSA + RTC. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Sep 25 '13, 8:44 a.m.
Hi Kevin:

Q1. which version of RSA can be integrated with RTC 4.0 ?
A1. According to https://jazz.net/library/article/811/#mozTocId712617 RTC 4.0 integrates with IBM Rational Software Architect 8.5 and future mod levels and their fix packs

Q2. which version of RTC client can be integrated with RSA8.0.2 ?
A2. From my knowledge it should work on RTC 3.0.1.

Please let us know if it helps for you.
Kevin Lou selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Lara Ziosi (33811112) | answered Sep 25 '13, 8:47 a.m.
What exact version of RTC 4 are you using?

RTC 4.0.3 starts to have two versions of the client, one for Eclipse 4.2 and one for lower versions of Eclipse.
Previous versions of RTC did not support Eclipse 4.

RSA 8.0.2 is based on Eclipse 3.6
RSA 8.5 is based on Eclipse 3.6
RSA 9 is based on Eclipse 4.2

RTC 4.0.3 Client for Eclipse 4 is the only one that integrates with RSA 9.

For RSA 8.0.2 the highest supported integration is with RTC 2.0.0.2 and RTC 3.0 and higher FixPacks.

permanent link
Lara Ziosi (33811112) | answered Sep 25 '13, 8:50 a.m.
For all versions with the execption of Fix Packs, you can generate compatibility reoprts from this page:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/prodguid/v1r0/clarity/softwareReqsForProduct.html
(Normally a FixPack changes the 4th digit, however there are some execptions, where a release that changed the 3rd digit is actually a FixPack, and will not show in the above site).

Comments
Kevin Lou commented Sep 25 '13, 8:56 a.m.

Thanks Lara. This is very useful for us. 

Kevin Lou commented Sep 25 '13, 9:06 a.m.

Hi Lara.. when I read the compatibility report, I saw some comments like "RSA integrates with RTC only." Does it mean I need to install RTC first then install RSA into the same package group, it won't work if I change the installation order? 

Lara Ziosi commented Sep 25 '13, 9:25 a.m.

Hello Kevin,

I do not expect that you have such ordering requirements. Provided you have chosen compatible versions, you can install RSA first and RTC after.

Just be aware that after you install RTC in RSA, in Windows>Preferences>General>Capabilities
there will be a new capability called "Jazz Source Control".
Make sure that you enable this capability (you should get prompted when you attempt to use RTC functions, but if you do not see that prompt, enable it manually).

Thank you, Lara

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.