It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RCR to RRDI

Angelo Corna (26358382) | asked Sep 14 '13, 11:22 a.m.
edited Sep 16 '13, 5:20 a.m. by Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119)
We've an RQM 2.0.1.1 environment with RCR 1.0 and now we're migrating to 3.0.1 version.
Following the infocenter instructions, after the RQM repository migration, we need to run the jts/setup.
On DatawareHouse configuration step, if I specify the RCR DW db (RIDW), RQM say me that the DB is reachable but there aren't the tables and propose me to create them (so, probably, all the DW data will be deleted). 
Is correct to specify the RCR DW db or must I create another empty db (but at this point I don't know how can I migrate the DW data from RIDW db to new DW db)?

Thanks in advance.
Bye.

3 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Sep 16 '13, 5:18 a.m.
Hello Angelo,

from the following document: Reporting and the upgrade process
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_understand_upgrade_reporting.html

If you have Rational Quality Manager version 2 with Rational Common Reporting

You can upgrade the Rational Common Reporting solution that was available with Rational Quality Manager version 2.0.1 and above to Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence, which adds additional reporting support for Requirements Management and the ability to author and customize reports. Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence requires a separate installation (see Installing Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence).

If you are using Rational Common Reporting, you should upgrade Rational Quality Manager before upgrading the other products. In the post-upgrade setup, while specifying the data warehouse, you should select the existing Rational Common Reporting data warehouse as the common data warehouse for all of the version 3 applications. This will allow for a smooth migration of your version 2 reporting data.

After upgrading the data warehouse using the setup wizard, do not run the data collection jobs in Rational Common Reporting. You must uninstall Rational Common Reporting and install Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence before you can run any Cognos-based reports. If you run the data collection jobs in Rational Common Reporting after the upgrade, the data in the data warehouse will be duplicated or corrupted.

For additional details about Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence, see Architecture of Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence.

Best Regards
Francesco

permanent link
Angelo Corna (26358382) | answered Sep 16 '13, 8:35 a.m.
 Francesco,

thanks for your response.
I've already see the instructions attached from you but unfortunately, like explained on my post, on DatawareHouse configuration step, if I specify the RCR DW db (RIDW), RQM say me that the DB is reachable but there aren't the tables and propose me to create them (so, probably, all the DW data will be deleted). 

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Sep 16 '13, 8:50 a.m.
Hello Angelo,

I never went through this scenario myself, but I think there could definitely be less tables in the RCR DW compared to the CLM one, so maybe that's what the message is referencing.

If you have a test environment available, one approach could be to try creating the tables and validate afterwards that the old RQM data is still visible in the tables.

Best Regards
Francesco

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.