It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible with RRDI or Insight to report on the history of the latest result for a TER in RQM?

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Aug 23 '12, 3:58 a.m.
edited Aug 23 '12, 10:21 a.m. by Seth Packham (1.4k42213)
I created a RRDI report for a customer that lists the progress of the latest result of each TER for a testcase based on points passed or points attempted.  They'd also like to see the history of those points changed in the result and I noticed in the History tab it shows the points that changed and date it occurred.

Is it possible to retrieve this info from the Data Warehouse and if yes, is there an example?
Thanks,

Comments
Michael Walker commented Aug 24 '12, 1:11 a.m.

bump bump bump

Michael Walker commented Aug 27 '12, 2:30 p.m.

bump bump bump

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 17 '13, 4:45 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The data warehouse contains historical information for trend reports.   But the data warehouse only contains what the ETL jobs store into it, so for RDDI, the question is whether the RQM ETL jobs collect the TER test results.  With Rational Insight, you can customize the ETL jobs to store anything that is available from the live reports into the data warehouse, but you do need to be aware of how much data you end up storing in the data warehouse.

One answer

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Aug 28 '12, 12:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mike
I am not sure if datawarehouse is able to collect history information about a artifact as the information about history of an artifact is not available outside RQM. This information is built at runtime using state information available within RQM. It should not be available with reporting datawerehouse.

Comments
Michael Walker commented Aug 28 '12, 6:45 p.m.

Thanks Pramod for the response. I looked in the RQM Reporting Data Model and see under the Operational Data Store there are a few "Request History" tables and one called "Request State History". I'm just not sure exactly what's stored in these.

Pramod Chandoria commented Aug 29 '12, 12:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't think that is the history data you are looking for, although I am not expert of datawarehouse. However I reconfirmed that RQM does not expose history detail in REST API so I still assume dataware house can not have this info

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 17 '13, 4:49 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

One of the primary purposes of the data warehouse is to collect historical information so that it can be used for trending reports.  That is the purpose of the nightly data warehouse data collection jobs.  So the fact that historical information is not available from the RQM live data (via the REST API) does not imply that the historical information is not available in the data warehouse.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.