It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM Upgrade fail at QM table update

Felipe Hernandez (3031116) | asked Sep 11 '13, 7:52 p.m.
retagged Sep 12 '13, 9:28 a.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)
 I'm trying to upgrade my installed version of CLM from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 but when I'm at the QM upgrade I'm getting this error:
Running post addTables for "Interop WorkItem Manager Migration Handler"...
CRJAZ0577E The following SQL query did not execute properly on the server:
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX MARKERS_UNIQUE_MARKER ON MARKERS.MARKER(URI, USER_COL, APPLI
CATION, TYPE)
The user "ADMIN" has logged out of the database "//localhost:1433;databaseName=r
qm;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx".
CRJAZ1425E The database encountered an error while attempting to create indices
for the table "MARKER".

The qm upgrade failed at step 1.  Correct the problem and run the script again s
tarting at step 1.

Someone know what is wrong and how can be corrected?

Please I need help here.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Sep 11 '13, 8:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Felipe,
This is a known issue; please open a PMR with the QM support team and reference APAR ID PM96713
Thanks 

Ara
Rosa Naranjo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rosa Naranjo commented Sep 12 '13, 10:21 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ara, is there a technote or workaround article for this yet? if so, can you post the link?

Felipe Hernandez commented Sep 12 '13, 10:41 a.m.

What are my options now? Is there a work around or something to complete the upgrade or should I use the backup of the databases and keep using the previous version.

It's kind of urgent because we are in the middle of the developtment of a solution based on CLM and we would like to keep going.

Regards,
Felipe A. Hernandez. 

Rosa Naranjo commented Sep 12 '13, 10:52 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Felipe, have you called support and asked about the APAR ID PM96713? If you did, it should provide information on your options or you can discuss the options with a support engineer.

Ara Masrof commented Sep 12 '13, 11:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Rosa,

I'm not aware of a technote or article as of yet; as soon as one is available it will be posted. In the mean time, as you noted, anyone experiencing this issue should open a ticket with the support team to discuss a permanent fix and or workaround

Ara

Felipe Hernandez commented Sep 12 '13, 12:57 p.m.

Hi Rosa,

No I haven't because I don't know how to  raise that ticket, could you point me out how to do it.

Regards,
Felipe

Ara Masrof commented Sep 12 '13, 1:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Felipe,

Take a look at this link, it should walk you through the process of submitting a PMR

Felipe Hernandez commented Sep 12 '13, 1:22 p.m.

Thanks Ara,

I've just sent the email hoping that they come back quickly because now my instalation is broken and I need to fix it ASAP since we are doing some test.

Regards,
Felipe.

Zouhair Ramram commented Dec 12 '13, 5:17 a.m.

Hi Felipe,

I was in the same boat as you two weeks ago. Luckily, there is a fix available at Rational Support. Be sure to express your priority (probably sev 1) and the criticality of your situation to speeden up the process.

I can tell you from my experience that the fix works fine without any side effects. Good luck to you.

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.