It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

plain text asset description

Duong Tran (13811) | asked Sep 09 '13, 1:26 p.m.
 Hi.  Is there a way to set the long Description field of an asset as plain-text using the web app gui?

Also, how would i go about getting the plain-text version of the long Description of an asset via RAM Java API?

Thanks,

2 answers

permanent link
Ben Tran (16) | answered Sep 09 '13, 9:54 p.m.
RE: Is there a way to set the long Description field of an asset as plain-text using the web app gui?
Have you tried "paste as plain text" feature?  You can find the option next to the "paste" icon.

RE: how would i go about getting the plain-text version of the long Description of an asset via RAM Java API?
Get description return a string; however, I am not what type of data that you store in your asset's description.  

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/ramhelp/v7r5m1/index.jsp - search for RAMAsset

getDescription

public java.lang.String getDescription()

Gets the description value for this Asset.

Overrides:
getDescription  in class  Asset
Returns:
description
Since:

permanent link
Lin Lu (3063) | answered Sep 09 '13, 11:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
>  Is there a way to set the long Description field of an asset as plain-text using the web app gui?
just as Ben said, you can use "paste as plain text" button i rich editor.

> how would i go about getting the plain-text version of the long Description of an asset via RAM Java API?
RAMAsset.getDescription() will return the description in html source format, and there is not a API support plain-text description.I think you may work on the string returned by RAMAsset.getDescription() to remove the html element.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.