It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Search window in the "Related Assets" tab while submittting/modifying assets in RAM 7.5.1.1

Sripriya Karimpuzhasriram (134752) | asked Sep 25 '12, 4:11 a.m.

Hi,

I have 2 questions related to the search feature in the "Related Assets" tab in 7.5.1.1

Question 1:

Assume that at the repository level, a relationship constraint has been set up for an "Asset type" called "Release" as follows :-  An asset of the Release type must be related to an asset of the Business Solution type by using the Release For relationship

Steps:

Step 1: Log in as a repository admin

Step 2: Click on "Submit an Asset" button

Step 3:  Select the community and type as Release

Step 4 : Go to the "Related Assets tab"

Sep 5:   Click on "Add Business Solution". In the search window, the search results lists only assets of type "Business Solution" which is good.

My question is can we make the search results also to narrow down to the community in which we are submitting the asset instead of the entire repository in RAM 7.5.1.1?

Question  2:

Step 1: Log in as a repository admin

Step 2: Click on "Submit"

Step 3: Choose Community and type (any asset type)

Step 4: Click on "Related Asset" tab

Step 5: Click on "Add related assets" button.

In the search window that appears, is it possible to:

1. ) Use filters (like those  in the "Search for Assets" page) to filter assets belonging to a particular community and of a specific asset type (say , Release)?

Please let me know!

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Sripriya

One answer

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Sep 25 '12, 9:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Question 1:  When you add a related asset from the various constraints .... the (OSLC delegate) search dialog will start off filtering for that constraint.... if you click on the "filters" on the right top corner, you will be able to farther filter / narrow down(to communities, state ....).

Question 2:  same as above ... that filter link on the right top corner.

Comments
Sripriya Karimpuzhasriram commented Sep 28 '12, 7:52 a.m.

Thanks Gili! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.