It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Playing an mp4 file within RAM

Sean Burke (3789137237) | asked Jan 22 '14, 2:29 p.m.
 I uploaded an mp4 file into RAM and was hoping that I could click on the file and the file would play within RAM.  This is probably a limitation of the file extension and not RAM because an mp4 file won't play in browser but I was just wondering anybody has a workaround.  RAM would be a   great way to disseminate training information.

One answer

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Jan 22 '14, 7:32 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yeah, the problem is the file type. Depending on the browser it uses the mime type that RAM provides, and if none provided it uses the extension as registered in your system, such as Windows. By default mp4 extension is not a registered mime type in RAM. I have seen some browsers use the extension and others not use the extension. However, if Firefox if it can't figure it out the Download dialog that Firefox brings up should allow to select the Windows media player and register the extension at the same time.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.