It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cancel a scheduled build

N. VD (842734) | asked Sep 03 '13, 9:13 a.m.
 Is there a possiibility to cancel a scheduled build without modifying the scheduler in the build definition?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Scott Cowan (966310) | answered Sep 04 '13, 9:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No, sorry you cannot.  Could you elaborate with your reason for wanting to do so?
N. VD selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
N. VD commented Sep 04 '13, 9:27 a.m. | edited Sep 04 '13, 1:32 p.m.

Scott,

Our scheduler is set to build every day at 0500 AM.
I have requested a personal build (repository build), and have deployed that personal build on the development environment .

When a new build executes at 0500 the next day, my build will get overwritten by this newer stream-build...

Scott Cowan commented Sep 04 '13, 9:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hmmm... This seems like it will be a perpetual problem with your continuous deployment strategy if you don't truly want to deploy continuously.  ;-)

I also wonder if it's a good idea to deploy a personal build to the same environment.

Just some thoughts,
Scott

N. VD commented Sep 04 '13, 9:51 a.m.

Hi Scott, You are probably right.

We just have installed a first setup of the RTC headless deployment architecture and definitely need some fine-tuning.

Thanks,
Niek

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 04 '13, 11:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You might want to look into https://jazz.net/library/article/797. It describes how to get a new folder for each build. The next article linked to it describes how to get rid of the folders you don't need anymore.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.