It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rotate log file "floatingLicenseLogFile.csv "

Noriyuki Egi (7411818) | asked Aug 22 '13, 9:05 p.m.
 Hi 
Is there any function or properties to rotate "floatingLicenseLogFile.csv" ?

Admin users can use the Advanced Properties settings to tracks the use of floating licenses.
If logging is enabled, a log file named floatingLicenseLogFile.csv is created.

How can we rotate the log file?

Thank you.

Comments
Takehiko Amano commented Aug 22 '13, 11:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't have quick answer. If customer is using UNIX/Linux platform. I think they can use "logrotate" feature.

3 answers

permanent link
Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | answered Aug 23 '13, 4:41 a.m.
Hi Noriyuki,
I didn't find a solution for this.
So I made a small perl script copying this file to another location at the end of each month and renaming it with the date in front.
This is my rotation ;)

All the rest of the jazz logs can be rotated by using the log4j option to autorotate but this is - as I know - not possible for the "floatingLicenseLogFile.csv".
Greetings,
Simon

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Aug 23 '13, 8:17 a.m.
This looks to be a good candidate for a feature enhancement.  Please click on the My stuff link in the upper right hand corner of jazz.net, then select work items.  From here select open a defect.  You will be prompted to log in with your jazz credentials.  Once the enhancement is open, please  post here.

permanent link
Noriyuki Egi (7411818) | answered Aug 23 '13, 4:21 p.m.
 Hi Simon, Abraham, Amana-san,

Thank you!
I understand that now we don't have a solution for this. And we need to use function as OS.
I will post a feature enhancement.

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.