It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Impact of restarting the License Key Administrator Tool

Peter Turvey (99130) | asked Apr 12 '18, 6:13 a.m.
edited Apr 12 '18, 12:02 p.m. by Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623)

When you import license keys (license.dat) using the License Key Administrator the last thing it says is "Would you like to stop and start the server now ?"

If I have a number of users who are using RTC at the time what happens to them ?

Will their RTC Eclipse client sessions be terminated or will they be able to carry on working blissfully unaware of the license update ?

Thanks

Peter Turvey

2 answers

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Apr 12 '18, 12:09 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Peter
It's hard to say from the way the question is phrased and without any screenshots.  However, if you are talking about the license import operation mentioned in this wiki: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RLKSAdminToolUsage
it is possible that the message is referring to the License server.

You may also want to post your question here: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/groups/service/html/communityview?communityUuid=3073bdfa-c8f7-4af3-ae91-43f3fa0f0fa6

permanent link
Peter Turvey (99130) | answered Apr 13 '18, 4:21 a.m.

Thanks Rosa, that other forum does look like a better place to post my question.

To try and clarify my original post about my new "license.dat" file:
I have a number of people using RTC Eclipse client. Each of these sessions use 8 IBM Rational License Floating Tokens.
The current licenses expire in a few months time so I have bought some new ones.
When I import my new license keys I will have to restart the License Key Server.

What effect, if any, will restarting the License Key Server have on these users ?
e.g. will their RTC Eclipse sessions stop working ?

I am just trying to work out the best time to apply my new licences.

Thanks
                 Peter

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.