It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC Artifact Description field size

David Beange (111356100) | asked Aug 16 '13, 4:53 a.m.
In RRC V4.0 is it possible to change the field size of the description field when creating an "Artifact with Attributes"?

Also is it possible to add an additional field to the same panel?

Thanks Screenshot

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Aug 16 '13, 9:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No, it's currently not possible.  I'd suggest opening an enhancement in RTC if it's important. 
Do you make heavy use of Description field?  (Just to be clear, Description is not the same as the body of the artifact (Primary Text); some people think they are, which is a known problem with that dialog). 
David Beange selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
David Beange commented Aug 16 '13, 11:41 a.m.

Thanks. I'm trying to confirm what the user really needs and I have a feeling that adding something to the Artifact is what they really want.

2 other answers

permanent link
Brad Middleton (6911010) | answered Aug 19 '13, 1:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 19 '13, 1:21 p.m.
What is the purpose of the description field?  
The reason I ask, is that it's populated when you extract requirements from an artefact, also the description is displayed for the first link in a Use Case Diagram rich-hover.

Most times I advise clients to use the primary text field as I'm never clear on when to use description or not.  

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Aug 20 '13, 10:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Personally I never use the description, which to me is used to provide a short summary of the primary text, especially when the main content is long.

I prefer just to use the primary text for those requirements I create.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.