It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where is the wide scope meta model?

Kristian Broe (711014) | asked Jul 31 '13, 7:27 a.m.
retagged Aug 12 '13, 11:03 a.m. by Ralph Earle (25738)

Hi
We are working with a lot of Rational products in my organization, and we are currently looking into including RAM, RRC, RQM etc. in our tool setup.

But in my analysis I have some trouble with creating the big picture.

It seems that information I can find either is simple management overview stuff like “bob and Lisa wants to solve a task” examples that gives an general idea of the objectives of tool or it is detailed technical guides e.g. how to set up/install a server.

Where do I figure out how it all relates?
 - How does assets in RAM relates to requirements in RRC?
 - How does a use case in RRC relate to a use case model in RSA?
 - How is a defect linked to asset? Defect (RQM) -> task (RTC) -> requirement (RRC) -> asset(RAM) or…?

And how is it all implemented, which links are tool supported and which are logical link that I need to realize by id search.

Do I need to build the meta model myself by installing all these products and do explorative analysis or does a meta model or alike exists. Or maybe some terminology mapping.. or…? 

3 answers

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Aug 02 '13, 10:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RAM is a software library, which manages and catalog deliverables from Dev, 3rd parthies, Opens source ...

Typically you will link a dev. deliverable (e.g, a build) to its supporting collateral (docs, installation scripts, dependencies ....).  This will include a link to the RQM testplan, and execution record/s .... The RQM test cases are linked from RQM to RRC requirements they validate.

The build process an navigate these links, and create a direct link in RAM from the deliverable to the requirement collection in RRC.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 02 '13, 4:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't believe Kristian was asking what Rational tool he could use to capture relationships, but rather he was looking for a meta-model of all of the Rational tool artifact relationships (especially, the links).

Kristian Broe commented Aug 05 '13, 3:32 a.m. | edited Aug 05 '13, 3:36 a.m.

yes :) - some kind of metamodel would help a lot

permanent link
Georg Kellner (82137292) | answered Aug 05 '13, 3:40 a.m.
Hi Kristian,

I don't know if this will solve your question, but just have a look to IBM Relm (http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/us/en/ratiengilifemana/)

We had a presentation from IBM, and it looks like the big picture of your system and how it is developed with the tools.

greetings georg.

Comments
Kristian Broe commented Aug 05 '13, 3:57 a.m.

looks very interesting, thanks!

so whats the differerence between CLM and RELM... :)

permanent link
Kristian Broe (711014) | answered Aug 05 '13, 4:02 a.m.

@Gili - thanks for you anwser, a lot of questions still remains though

e.g. where does permenant documentation live?

Comments
Douglas Bush commented Aug 05 '13, 4:38 p.m. | edited Aug 05 '13, 4:40 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Kristian, 

This page on Jazz.net has links to overviews of Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) and Systems and Software  Engineering (SSE), as well as overviews of individual products: https://jazz.net/products/
Here are the most recent information centers for CLM and RELM:
I hope this helps!
- Doug

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.