It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where is the wide scope meta model?

Kristian Broe (711114) | asked Jul 31 '13, 7:27 a.m.
retagged Aug 12 '13, 11:03 a.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)

Hi
We are working with a lot of Rational products in my organization, and we are currently looking into including RAM, RRC, RQM etc. in our tool setup.

But in my analysis I have some trouble with creating the big picture.

It seems that information I can find either is simple management overview stuff like “bob and Lisa wants to solve a task” examples that gives an general idea of the objectives of tool or it is detailed technical guides e.g. how to set up/install a server.

Where do I figure out how it all relates?
 - How does assets in RAM relates to requirements in RRC?
 - How does a use case in RRC relate to a use case model in RSA?
 - How is a defect linked to asset? Defect (RQM) -> task (RTC) -> requirement (RRC) -> asset(RAM) or…?

And how is it all implemented, which links are tool supported and which are logical link that I need to realize by id search.

Do I need to build the meta model myself by installing all these products and do explorative analysis or does a meta model or alike exists. Or maybe some terminology mapping.. or…? 

3 answers

permanent link
Kristian Broe (711114) | answered Aug 05 '13, 4:02 a.m.

@Gili - thanks for you anwser, a lot of questions still remains though

e.g. where does permenant documentation live?

Comments
Douglas Bush commented Aug 05 '13, 4:38 p.m. | edited Aug 05 '13, 4:40 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Kristian, 

This page on Jazz.net has links to overviews of Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) and Systems and Software  Engineering (SSE), as well as overviews of individual products: https://jazz.net/products/
Here are the most recent information centers for CLM and RELM:
I hope this helps!
- Doug

permanent link
Georg Kellner (840378109) | answered Aug 05 '13, 3:40 a.m.
Hi Kristian,

I don't know if this will solve your question, but just have a look to IBM Relm (http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/us/en/ratiengilifemana/)

We had a presentation from IBM, and it looks like the big picture of your system and how it is developed with the tools.

greetings georg.

Comments
Kristian Broe commented Aug 05 '13, 3:57 a.m.

looks very interesting, thanks!

so whats the differerence between CLM and RELM... :)

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Aug 02 '13, 10:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RAM is a software library, which manages and catalog deliverables from Dev, 3rd parthies, Opens source ...

Typically you will link a dev. deliverable (e.g, a build) to its supporting collateral (docs, installation scripts, dependencies ....).  This will include a link to the RQM testplan, and execution record/s .... The RQM test cases are linked from RQM to RRC requirements they validate.

The build process an navigate these links, and create a direct link in RAM from the deliverable to the requirement collection in RRC.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 02 '13, 4:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't believe Kristian was asking what Rational tool he could use to capture relationships, but rather he was looking for a meta-model of all of the Rational tool artifact relationships (especially, the links).

Kristian Broe commented Aug 05 '13, 3:32 a.m. | edited Aug 05 '13, 3:36 a.m.

yes :) - some kind of metamodel would help a lot

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.