It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Team Concert Shell: Component not a folder in basic mode?

Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | asked Jul 31 '13, 4:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have created a project Area Garden, a stream Garten - Main Stream with two components Tomate and Rose.
Using the Shell in advanced mode I have added a picture file to each component, checked in and delivered.
Pross - Shell Sandbox
|-- .jazz5
|-- Rose
    |-- rose.jpeg
|-- Tomate
    |-- tomate.jpeg
Now I'm using the shell as another user in basic mode. When I look into my work area, both pictures are in on the root folder level.
Hajo - Shell Work Area
|-- .jazz5
|-- rose.jpeg
|-- tomate.jpeg
Why is the structure in basic mode without the components as folders different to the structure in advanced mode?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lakshmi Narasimhan T V (4415) | answered Jul 31 '13, 5:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In basic mode, without a load rule file, components are not loaded as root folders.
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross commented Jul 31 '13, 5:49 a.m. | edited Jul 31 '13, 6:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@Lakshmi Narasimhan Vaikuntam: Why not?
Especially basic mode should be as easy as possible and not behave different.
From my point of view default should be load with component as root folder.
I have created an enhancement request.

Lakshmi Narasimhan T V commented Jul 31 '13, 6:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

In Advanced mode, unless the user selects the component in Load dialog, the default behaviour is not to load component as root folder. Basic mode follows this default behaviour.

Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross commented Jul 31 '13, 6:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, in the advanced mode the user has the possibility to selects the components to be loaded. But when you are at "Repository Folder to Load" you have to select something to have the finished button active.
A bit strange is that on the screen before finish is active and implicit nothing to load is selected which results in loading the content of the components on the same level.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.