It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

My Tasks link in dashboard not working

Narayanan Potti (27037379) | asked Jul 09 '13, 4:17 p.m.
I have CLM 4.0.1 installed on Windows Server 2008, database is SQL Server. Test team is using RQM. Tasks are created and assigned to testers. My Tasks link in users' dashboard appears to be not working. When users click on My Tasks it doesn't show anything, it appears to be a broken link.

Please help me resolve the issue. Is there a project setting required to enable My Tasks in RQM ?

Thanks
NP

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bing Dong Ma (1962) | answered Jul 10 '13, 12:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Narayanan,

Not sure if you have set up the association of Quality Manage Tasks between the RQM project area and the RTC project area.  If not, you could add the association in the RQM project area administration page, where you need to choose "Uses - Quality Management Tasks" in the Add Association dialog to point to the RTC project area which contains the tasks of "mine".  

Then need to refresh the RQM page and then set the project area (RQM project area) in the My Tasks viewlet.

Hope it's helpful for you.

Best Regards,

Bing Dong
Narayanan Potti selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Thomas Suedbroecker (29335) | answered Jul 10 '13, 3:13 a.m.
Hello Narayanan Potti,
First I agree to Bing Dong Ma answer,verify your CCM Service Provider to QM containing tasks.

From my perspective it seems to me it could be a reason of understanding Life Cycle Projects.
So I want to know how you use tasks before and from which version it does not work for you?

My questions to you are:
1)    Do you use a Life Cycle Project?
2)    Could you create Tasks related to Test Assets?
3)    Do you own tasks related to a Test Assets?
4)    Which viewlet do you use, from which catalog?
5)    Did you use a Life Cycle Project?
In common Life Cycle Project Configuration the my task configuration works out of the box.

a) Common Life Cylce Project Configuration

b) How is a QM-Task related to Test Asset?

c) Where is the "My Tasks" Viewlet stored?

d) Understand the Content of "my tasks" viewlet

Maybe this helps in addition to the first answer.

Best Regards,

Thomas

PS: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/nav/2_0

Comments
Narayanan Potti commented Jul 10 '13, 7:27 a.m. | edited Jul 10 '13, 7:28 a.m.

Thanks for your detailed response Thomas. Here are the answers to your questions:

1)    Do you use a Life Cycle Project?
Yes, I created a Life Cycle Project and created QM project, CCM project and RM project as containers within LCP.

Yes, test lead created tasks in CCM project.

Yes, Tasks were assigned to test team mebers.

4)    Which viewlet do you use, from which catalog?
I am not sure I understand it right. is this a dashboard customization ? I didn't do this customization.

5)    Did you use a Life Cycle Project?
Same as 1.

Thomas Suedbroecker commented Jul 10 '13, 7:57 a.m.

Thanks for answering the questions.
If now everything works it is fine, then great :-).

If there should be remaining problems, then you should take care about.

Yes, test lead created tasks in CCM project.
-> Remember you can not associate Tasks to a test asset, you must create Tasks in CCM, by doing this inside the RQM Test Asset Sections. Only in this case you will see the test asset and the task in this viewlet.

Yes, Tasks were assigned to test team members.
-> This is not the answer I expect. I meant do you personally own task which are related to Test Asset. Example: Test Plans Summary section -> related to  ->  QM Task. If yes, the you should see content like in the picture before.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.