It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Keywords Creation

David Beange (111359101) | asked Mar 18 '15, 8:31 a.m.
WIth RQM V5.0.1 we are trying to create and use keywords and Test Scripts.

from within a saved Test Script we select the "create keyword from this script" button and enter a keyword name and tag and save it. We get the message "keyword saved successfully"

However when we then select the "Show Keyword View" there are no keywords to display.

The permissions for the role are set to permit keyword create delete edit & edit section header.

Is there another setting that is requried to permit keyword usage or what are we doing wrong?

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Mar 18 '15, 9:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For clarification, you are not seeing the Keyword appear in the 'Keyword view' of the Manual Test script correct? If you go to Construction → Browser → Keywords, is it present in the list view?

The Keyword view from within the Manual Test Script UI will allow you to associated Keywords to the script; it would seem like an odd use case to be adding a Keyword created from that same script; that is why I believe it is filtered out from the view

If you bring up a different Manual Test Script, does the keyword show up in the Keyword view?

permanent link
William Chen (31215) | answered Mar 19 '15, 10:08 a.m.
The "create keyword from this script" function is not working for me as well. It can only create a new keyword with associated test scripts. However, it fails to complete below associated tasks:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results

The new keyword is added to the Keyword View in the manual test script editor, and to the Keywords page, which you can access by clicking Construction > Browse Keywords.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will file a documentation defect on this next.

Comments
William Chen commented Mar 19 '15, 10:49 a.m.

You can track the new defect here.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.