It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Insight and Focal Point Live Integration

Renato Mori (10012330) | asked Jul 05 '13, 3:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I'm trying to get Focal Point information from Rational Insight using live data connection. I already configure the XML made the the field mapping (created the resources and the map tables and templates). Then I'm trying to create the ODBC connection using the Data Manager, but I'm stucked there.
A error message appears when try to finish the creation.The error says:
" DM-DBM-0400 UDA driver reported the following on connection ALIAS_049EAE18:
UDA-SQL-0107 A general exception has occurred during the operation "execute immediate".
CRRRE9000E: Internal Java error, check ri_jdbc.log for details "

Am I in the right step? I found guide using etls, but I want to user live connection so I don't now if I'm missing something.
I'm attaching a screenshot of the error.
thanks!
Renato.
Error trying to create ODBC

3 answers

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | answered Jul 05 '13, 9:47 p.m.
What did the error message in your ri_jdbc.log say?  This could be an error in your XDC file with an incorrect URL or username/password.

Comments
Renato Mori commented Jul 08 '13, 11:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Jackie,
The ri_jdbc.log says (I wanted to paste in txt, but there a character limit)
The last part is:

Also, when I test the connection in the XML Data Manager file, it works.
Does the user requires any special access/permissions?

Jackie Albert commented Jul 08 '13, 11:15 a.m. | edited Jul 08 '13, 11:26 a.m.

First, on my XDC file I do use "Basic" authentication type, but I have URL Type of "Data Service".  

However, the real problem is a confusion about the Data Manager catalog.  When you create a new catalog, it looks for an existing database (which can be an empty database) to add its tables to.  You are pointing Data Manager to your Focal Point connection, so it's trying to add DM tables and columns to your Focal Point database. You can see this in the "Create table" statements in the ri_jdbc.log file.

Instead of doing this I recommend a separate database for your DM catalog.  Then once you have the basic catalog created, you can use the Focal Point connection inside the catalog to test your connection.

permanent link
Kunal Bajaj (26810) | answered Nov 05 '14, 3:03 p.m.
edited Nov 05 '14, 3:03 p.m.
Jackie,

I have a similar issue but in FM, not in DM. I am trying to configure the Focal Point Live Connection for the first time Insight (v 1.1.1.2 in a Windows environment).

In FM, I open the Focal Point Reporting Data Model and try to test the FP Data Source. I get the following error:
QE-DEF-0368 Unable to decrypt user name and password credentials from the content store. Review and save the Cognos Configuration settings to configure your reporting environment.

In Cognos Administration, I have the FP Data Source and it works fine when I test it. 

In the XML Config utility, the URL Type is Generic XML (have tried with Data Service as well) and Authentication Type is Basic. I have entered the FP Username and Pwd and the connection has succeeded. I am also able to setup a Data Mapping table after that.

The following URL for v1.1.14 suggests using the Form as authentication type. But I get a different error when I use Form.
https://jazz.net/help-dev/rational-insight/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.raer.integration.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_integrate_data_source_rfp_xdc.html

Any thoughts as to why this may be happening? Thanks.

Kunal

Comments
Jackie Albert commented Nov 06 '14, 11:17 a.m.

Hi Kunal,
I'm not sure how to help on this specific issue, you might want to open a separate Forum post instead of commenting on a new one. That might get more attention from others.

Renato Mori commented Nov 06 '14, 5:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Kunal,
About your error message, I got it in another insight deployment. I found that you need to recreate the ecription keys of the server.
So, open the Cognos Configuration of the server and follow the steps of this technote.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21343702

Hope it helps,
Renato.

permanent link
Kunal Bajaj (26810) | answered Nov 07 '14, 10:17 a.m.
Renato,

This fixed the issue. Thanks for your help.

Kunal

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.