It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

not able to login on data manager?

David Mehaffy (90123338) | asked Jul 14 '14, 4:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 When I try to publish a dataMovement Task it does nothing - no error but it is not published.   I then tried to do a login as and enter my userid and password which it takes but I am not logged in.  I have tried an invalid password and it catches that so it is going through the authentication process but is not setting my credentials so I think that is why I am not able to publish any dataMovement Tasks.  I have seen this on another server before and have not been able to work around this.  I have 3 other servers and it works fine there.

Any ideas?  I have checked the cognos configuration and it is ok as well (the correct urls etc)

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jul 15 '14, 7:30 a.m.
Hello David,

there are known issues if you have Internet Explorer 10 or 11 installed on the machine where you run the data manager client.

You might want to check this article to see if it matches your case:

Workarounds: Data Manager Designer cannot authenticate with the Rational Insight report or ETL server via the Jazz namespace
https://jazz.net/library/article/1369

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi
David Mehaffy selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
David Mehaffy commented Jul 15 '14, 12:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Well I could not apply the patch - think because I am on Insight 1.1.1.2 but downgrading IE 11 to 9 seem to fix the problem I think

Thanks for your help

Dave

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.