It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

WebSphere App Server Losing Comms


Alastair Beadle (19411218) | asked Jun 20 '13, 11:45 a.m.
edited Jun 20 '13, 12:10 p.m. by Stef van Dijk (2.0k179)
I am creating a new installation using WebSphere and having issues that I can't pin down: part way through configuring WebSphere using the Admin Console it will suddenly report loss of comms - 11001 Host not found errors. The service is still running. The point at which this happens appears to be random (once when setting up security, once when setting up users and once when configuring the Java VM). Restarting the service does not seem to help. Rebooting the server neither. Each time I have to create a new profile and start again.
I want to suspect local network problems, but other machines do not seem affected and why would new profiles work?
Any thoughts?
Ali

Comments
Alastair Beadle commented Jun 21 '13, 5:29 a.m.

For info: it happened again. This time I had completed the WebSphere configuration and was trying to run the Jazz setup wizard - I typed the web address wrong for the wizard a couple of times, went back to the console to check the server name and got the 11001 error.
However, after 20 minutes of looking around in logs (but not changing anything) it started to respond again.
It seems like an occasional dropout of comms - probably something local? If find anything and it turns out to be something useful to others I will post again. If you have any idea though I would love to hear them.
Ali


Alastair Beadle commented Jun 25 '13, 9:00 a.m.

OK, I think I know what is happening now:
When I couldn't start/stop/restart the WebSphere server from the "Start the server" shortcut I got into the habit of doing it directly from the Windows Services control panel. But that meant I wasn't running it "as administrator" and thus it was not getting the full privileges that it needs.
By using the Websphere shortcuts and selecting "Run as administrator" I hope it will be more stable.
Ali

One answer



permanent link
Alastair Beadle (19411218) | answered Jul 05 '13, 7:41 a.m.
So it turned out to be related to another problem I was seeing - the fix was to resolve a SESN0008E error which occurs of CLM 4.0.1 but is fixed by default on 4.0.3 I beleive, see (https://jazz.net/forum/questions/99315/websphere-session-error-after-clm-logout-login).

Your answer


Register or to post your answer.


Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.