It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Documentation for deploying an app on Liberty Profile under Windows Server

Cliff Sadler (62717) | asked Jan 26 '16, 12:33 p.m.
retagged Jan 28 '16, 11:46 a.m. by Patricia Der (5011)

I cannot for the life of me find any installation or deployment information on the following scenario:

I have migrated a JTS with CCM (jazz) installation from 5.0.1 to 6.0.1.  In the process, I migrated from Tomcat to Websphere Liberty Profile.  So far, so good.  Using DB2 as production database

Now, I want to add /rm to this installation.  So I follow the custom installation instructions, including creating a database RM for the app, and then use Installation Manager to install just /rm from the 6.0.1 clm repository.  All is good.

Then I start setup per the instructions, which lets me step through to the point where it's going to register applications.  Only one shows up, rm, which is flagged with an error message of not being able to find the .scr service discovery file.  Sure enough, the app has not deployed in Liberty.  the .war is in the clm Templates area of Liberty.  OK, I guess I need to manually deploy the app prior to running setup.  Try finding something specific about deploying a new app in Liberty Profile on Windows.  I sure can't.  Do I just follow the Z/OS info?

Seems like there's no use case for adding an app to an existing deployed installation.

I'd appreciate any direction you can provide.

One answer

permanent link
Roberto Sanchez Herrera (2862) | answered Jan 26 '16, 1:22 p.m.
Hello, you could try this:

If the rm.war directory and rm.war.zip file are in the server\liberty\clmServerTemplate\apps, but not in server\liberty\servers\clm\apps, you can try stopping the server, and copying the file and directory to erver\liberty\servers\clm\apps.

Also,compare the files server\liberty\clmServerTemplate\conf\application.xml and server\liberty\servers\clm\conf\application.xml. If the second does not include the rm app, include it.

Hope this helps

Comments
Cliff Sadler commented Jan 28 '16, 8:53 a.m.

That got me to seeing rm and being able to register it. Now I need to change from derby to db2 

Using custom setup, all Is well until I try to test the connection to a manually created RM database using the db2 Create database RM and the other flags. I get no opportunity to create tables

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 28 '16, 9:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Cliff, there is a topic about migrating the data https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_migrate_dbs.html&scope=null that you should follow. It also mentions the repotools option -createTables that you can use. I am however concerned that you can't create the tables in the setup. do you see any other errors in the logs?

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 28 '16, 9:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

PS: I agree that there should be more information about how this all works with Was Liberty. I have looked a bit into it and there are several things that can be done e.g. add applications to the applicaion.xml in the template folder. However, there are obviously a lot more things we need to learn.

Please be aware that RM and CCM and some other applications require a lot of system resources. Because of this, we suggest an enterprise topology. See:  https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RecommendedALMDeploymentTopologies6

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.