It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sprint backlog isn't loading in RTC client, Web UI okay

Paul Sims (31513421) | asked Dec 16 '08, 2:16 p.m.
One of 18 sprint backlogs for some reason isn't rendering its Planned Items when I open it using the RTC 1.0.1 client. Overview and Charts tabs are okay. I can view Planned Items in the Web client. At least two users have observed this behavior.

The Planned Items tab displays the Loading ... message but no items, even after 5 or more minutes. I checked the RTC server log but didn't find anything abnormal.

Our installation is RTC 1.0.1 with Tomcat and DB2 UDB 9.5 Express on Windows 2003.

I just noticed eclipse.exe is consuming close to 99% of the CPU time on my client.

How do I go about PD?

Paul Sims
IBM WebSphere Commerce

2 answers

permanent link
Johannes Rieken (1.2k1) | answered Dec 18 '08, 5:18 a.m.
sims wrote:
One of 18 sprint backlogs for some reason isn't rendering its
Planned Items when I open it using the
RTC 1.0.1 client. Overview and
Charts tabs are okay. I can view
Planned Items in the Web client. At
least two users have observed this behavior.

The Planned Items tab displays the
Loading ... message but no items, even
after 5 or more minutes. I checked the RTC server log but didn't find
anything abnormal.

This seems like a bug. Can you please check your client log? To open it
press Ctrl+3 and type 'Error Log'. It will open a view which displays
all log messages.

--
Cheers, Johannes
Agile Planning Team

permanent link
Paul Sims (31513421) | answered Jan 07 '09, 12:05 p.m.
Hi Johannes, thanks for your reply.

This problem is a bit frustrating because some days the sprint backlog renders in the rich client and other days it doesn't. Yesterday it did. Today I see the "Loading ..." message in the Planned Items window.

We checked the client (multiple clients) and server error logs and didn't find any error messages related to this problem.

Because the backlog contains confidential information, I'm going to send you a private e-mail and perhaps we can solve it together.

Thanks.

Paul Sims
IBM WebSphere Commerce

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.