It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

com.ibm.team.repository.common.StaleDataException

Venkatesh Vinayakarao (1132) | asked Apr 24 '09, 5:07 a.m.
When would this happen? The description says: The history for 'Workspace 'MyWorkspace':Component 'Custom MyTool Component'' is more recent in the repository than the version you have. This usually means that another client has modified it first. Please refresh and try again.

I am sure nobody apart from me has delivered anything to stream and my workspace is fully synchronized and refreshed. I see no pending changes. Why do I still see this? If I request a personal build, everything is fine.

3 answers

permanent link
Craig Chaney (9212) | answered Apr 27 '09, 10:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
vvtesh wrote:
When would this happen? The description says: The history for
'Workspace 'MyWorkspace':Component 'Custom MyTool Component'' is more
recent in the repository than the version you have. This usually means
that another client has modified it first. Please refresh and try
again.

I am sure nobody apart from me has delivered anything to stream and my
workspace is fully synchronized and refreshed. I see no pending
changes. Why do I still see this? If I request a personal build,
everything is fine.

This error would not be caused by other clients making normal deliveries
to your stream. It might be explained by the definition of the
component having changed. Is it possible that you have used another
client to edit the component?

Once you refresh, does the error go away or does it reoccur?

Thanks
Craig Chaney
Jazz server team

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Apr 27 '09, 11:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When would this happen? The description says: The history for 'Workspace 'MyWorkspace':Component 'Custom MyTool Component'' is more recent in the repository than the version you have. This usually means that another client has modified it first. Please refresh and try again.

I am sure nobody apart from me has delivered anything to stream and my workspace is fully synchronized and refreshed. I see no pending changes. Why do I still see this? If I request a personal build, everything is fine.

Hi

I saw this at one of my customers recently. They were using an external build tool (mavern) and we think that might have touched a file. What we did to fix it was scrap the current Eclipse Workspace and repo workspace, and use new ones. This seemed to fix the problem.

anthony

permanent link
Vivek Iyer (15212527) | answered Dec 20 '11, 4:18 p.m.
I saw this issue on Solaris. The problem turned out to be 2 zombie processes that were lingering on. Killing them solved the problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.