It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

printing a RRC View WYSIWIG like printing a RRC module

Rene Meyer (42913334) | asked Jun 11 '13, 7:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 11 '13, 7:31 a.m.
Hello,

RRC 4.0.1 and higher allows to print a Module with the small Printer icon to create a PDF/Word Dokument which looks like the current display settings of the module (visible attributes column layout).
It would be very nice to have the same functionality as well when working with a View.
I can only choose from a view the artifacts to create predefined reports but the layout of the view can't be printed WYSIWYG using that function.
Are there any options to have such functionality (CSV export of view is no option)?
Best Regards,
René

One answer

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jun 11 '13, 9:14 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If I understand the question, you're effectively looking for a "screenshot" of the Artifacts Browser, is that correct? If so, then I'm afraid I'm not aware of any such functionality currently in the product. You are however welcome to open an enhancement request work item for consideration where you may detail why you would like to have this feature added.

If instead, you're looking to generate a singular WYSIWYG report of all the actual artifacts shown in the view, then you can create a collection of those artifacts and print the collection.

Hope that helps.

Comments
Rene Meyer commented Jun 11 '13, 9:29 a.m. | edited Jun 11 '13, 9:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Stef,

printing the collection using the print symbol will not show you the style of the report output like book and table layout, which is shown for modules. It would be nice to have the Module print capability for all views. Printing the collection will not be WYSIWYG.
I need to open an Enhancement Request.

Best Regards,
René

Stef van Dijk commented Jun 11 '13, 9:34 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Rene,

Understood. I was just trying to make sure I understood the request correctly.
As you've stated, you will need to open an enhancement request.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.