It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there an execution status of "Not Available"?

Dana Watts (141617) | asked May 05 '14, 7:21 p.m.
edited May 07 '14, 9:46 a.m. by Max Bridges (24126)
We are writing our scripts with the end result of a function in mind - meaning the script is written to incorporate the full designed functionality.  However, the build team is delivering the code iteratively to the test team.  In these cases, when we execute a script where we know that some of the functionality has not yet been delivered, I would like to mark those steps as "Not Available" or "N/A" to show that the functionality has yet to be delivered.  I would then like RQM to recognize that those steps should not be taken into account when determining the overall status of the script.

Is there anyway to add in this status to RQM?  Currently, we have Blocked and Deferred but this is not a correct final result. 

For Example:
Release 1.0
Step 1 - Pass
Step 2 - Pass
Step 3 - Not Available
Step 4 - Pass

Overall status should be Pass.

Release 2.0
Step 1 - Pass
Step 2 - Pass
Step 3 - Failed
Step 4 - Not Started

Overall status should be In Progress.

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered May 06 '14, 6:17 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can rename an execution state.  For example, rename Incomplete or Inconclusive to Not Available.  For more information, see http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/c_execution_verdicts.html.

Comments
Dana Watts commented May 06 '14, 10:49 p.m.

Hi Paul, if i change the name of the status, does it remove the step from the calculation of the overall status? 

Release 1.0 
Step 1 - Pass 
Step 2 - Pass 
Step 3 - Not Available 
Step 4 - Pass 

Overall status should be Pass.

Paul Slauenwhite commented May 07 '14, 7:02 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No.  The execution result would need to be updated with the Pass verdict/weight distribution.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.