It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permission issue: Cannot edit requirements or create new folders in project

Corey Lofton (1324) | asked Jun 03 '13, 4:11 p.m.

I think this is a permission or access issue.  The admin of my project has created various folders for requirements in our project.  I can view them but cannot edit them, greyed out text is all that shows up.  I also cannot create my own folders.  My permissions are listed below:

Repository Permission:  JazzUser (does this need to be "JazzProjectAdmins"? - I'm unable to change it).

Process Roles: Admin, Author, Commenter, Project Snapshot Admin

Accepted answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Jun 04 '13, 1:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Corey,

The Author role normally has permissions to edit artifacts and folders.  But of course, these roles can be customized.  When checking the permissions, please make sure correct project area.  I assume you're working with RRC because of the tag you used for the forum post and you're working with requirements in a project.  But the screenshot pasted in the comment that shows the permission denied error looks like a CCM project based on the name of the roles.  If you do not have permissions you should have a Jazzadmin update the roles as needed.  

Please check the RM project area to make sure you are a member with the proper roles.  And also check the permissions for the roles.  

Another thing that may be an issue is the license you have assigned.  Please ensure the license you have gives you the proper access to RM.  You can check this by going to the view my profile and licenses option from a drop down menu in the upper right hand corner.  Locate the license you have which is marked by a check mark and use your cursor to hover over the license to get details.  Please look to make sure your license has write permissions to RM.

I hope this helps. 
Corey Lofton selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Corey Lofton commented Jun 04 '13, 3:51 p.m.

Thanks Erica! i was missing the correct license on my profile. good to go now!

One other answer

permanent link
VK L (8177157159) | answered Jun 04 '13, 2:10 a.m.
edited Jun 04 '13, 2:10 a.m.
 Hi,
        JazzUsers role - can do these activities. Please ask the project admin to check the permission-settings [project configuration] for the author role in the project area and make sure you have modify permissions to save resource, template,etc.

Thanks.

Comments
Corey Lofton commented Jun 04 '13, 9:20 a.m.

Hi Valli,

When i go to edit role permissions in project configuration it fails to save any changes

VK L commented Jun 05 '13, 6:31 a.m.

You need JazzProjectAdmin role for making changes to the processconfig.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.