It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permission Rational Requeriments Composer

Patricia G Miranda Navarro (5126) | asked Dec 06 '12, 11:25 a.m.
edited Dec 06 '12, 1:39 p.m. by Jared Burns (4.5k29)
 Hi Everybody,

I have a question with the permissions in RRC, exist any alternative for management the assignment of permission for each rol.

In particular i want switch on and swicth off permission for delete artifacts, beacuse i have the version of RRC 3.0.1.1 and is not possible.

Do you have a pluggin, fix, or release that can you help me?

Thanks 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Dec 06 '12, 12:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In RRC V4 a new level of permission control was added - Create, Update and Delete

See this new and noteworthy for V4  https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-requirements-composer/releases/4.0?p=news#write-access

New write access permissions

You can configure process permissions for each project area and for individual team areas in a project area. You can configure the create, modify, and delete permissions for folders, artifact types, and link types.

Patricia G Miranda Navarro selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Patricia G Miranda Navarro (5126) | answered Dec 11 '12, 8:51 p.m.
edited Dec 11 '12, 8:52 p.m.
Robin Bater thank you very much!

Switch to version 4 detallle end with this small, but for now we can not migrate servers to that new version = (

I found a line that should be added to the file fronting.properties not work yet.
*******************************************************************************************************************************
To enable this support, follow these steps:
1. In the [SERVER_INSTALL]/server/conf/rm/fronting.properties file add the following property with the value being a role id, or set of role-ids, that a user must have in order to delete an artifact. com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.permittedRolesForArtifactDelete=[comma-separated list of role-ids] 
For example, to specify that only users with a role of 'Administrator' role can delete artifacts, the entry would look like: com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.permittedRolesForArtifactDelete=Administrator 
1. Restart the server.
2. Now only users that have one of the roles as specified in the property value will have permission to delete artifacts.
*******************************************************************************************************************************

Temporal Any other ideas?

Regards

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.