It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why creating an artifact with attribute, the finish button is disabled after filling all the mandatory fields?

Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | asked May 31 '13, 4:12 a.m.
In RRC4.0.1, when we try to create an artifact with attribute, the finish button is grayed out, while auto recover in next day. Any idea how we can check on this case to find out the root cause?

One answer

permanent link
My-An Nguyen (2963) | answered Jun 04 '13, 5:28 p.m.

You mentioned artifacts with attributes. Does that mean that if you try to create an artifact without attributes, it succeeds? Also, I'm not sure what you meant by, "while auto recover in next day" ?

In RRC 4.0.1, when I click to create a new artifact, the Finish button is enabled immediately. I don't even need to enter a title, so the fact that your Finish button is disabled is weird.

Do you have the right permissions to create artifacts?

Comments
Don Yang commented Jun 06 '13, 12:42 a.m.

Thanks My-An for the discussion.
I actually have no problem in creating a new artifact and as you said when creating a new artifact, the finish button is enabled immediately.
There is one user who had this issue and he found the problem is gone the next day when he tried the same thing. He wants to know what is the possible cause to the disabled "finish" button and I would like to seek some ideas here in case that may take place again and we can check with further.

My-An Nguyen commented Jun 07 '13, 5:31 p.m.

I get a disabled Finish button when I don't have the right permissions to create artifacts in that particular project. It is possible that his permissions were enabled the next day so he is not seeing the problem anymore?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.