It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export all artifacts in RRC into an excel format make the live inks

Zica Valsan (10124745) | asked May 17 '13, 6:40 a.m.
We have a customer who need to export around 200 requirements into an excel format.
Several questions:
1. how i can select all requirements  to export them in a shut as the maximum page size is  limited to 50.
2. how can I make the Validated By link live?
3. the customer has for a while RI installed. Would that be of any help?

I exported into a csv format and then opend it with Openoffice.org Calc and it looks like a table but, the live links are not live at all.
The only possibility to geth them live is to use the  Tracebility Report but this is an work like document and not a table.

Any input on this ?
Thank you,
Zica

3 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered May 17 '13, 8:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 17 '13, 8:04 a.m.
RRC exports to CSV where comma-separated values (CSV) file stores tabular data (numbers and text) in plain-text form.

As the content is plain text there would need to be additional content added to the raw file so that Excel can interpret the link, for example adding the hyperlink function to the csv file wrapped around each of the plain URL text.

Now the grid view does have a 50 row limit but if you are using V4.0.1 and later there is the module capability where by you can store more rows of information and organize them into a hierarchical structure, and this can be exported to CSV.

That said I would like to understand better the need for working in Excel rather than using the RRC web client? If you have any knowledge that would be great if you could share so that we better understand how customers are using RRC and any necessary changes.

Comments
Erwin Kunz commented Mar 04 '14, 8:52 a.m.

Hi Robin
I asked the same to my "customer" and here is the answer:

The reason why we use Excel is because we are approaching the M120 phase and we need to prioritize a long list of requirements. RRC can display only 50 rows per page and does not offer a fast way to filter the rows (in Excel that is much more comfortable). For these reasons we prefer to export all requirements in Excel and do this job with that tool.

cheers
erwin

permanent link
Zica Valsan (10124745) | answered May 21 '13, 6:59 a.m.
Thank you Robin for the great info you posted.
Here my comments/answers:

1. The customer uses CLM 4.0.1.

2. Do you consider  for the next versions this functionality of hyperlinks in RRC and not using external applications?

3. I have tried using the modules and it work indeed to select all requirements in a row. Personally, I consider it as an workaround as it is not so intuitive .

4. Our customers need an Excel sheet as they work on a project where their partners shouldn't have access to their RRC project.

Thank you,
Zica

permanent link
Zica Valsan (10124745) | answered Jun 05 '13, 5:15 a.m.
Hi,

I have to correct my previous statement, namely that one can select more than 50 rows in a module.
Here is the error message I gotten when trying to select more than 50 rows:
ID CRRRW7669W  On the Artifacts page or in a module, operations are limited to 50 artifacts. Select fewer artifacts. If you need to perform an operation on more than 50 artifacts, do it in batches of no more than 50.

Thanks,
Zica

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.