It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Team concert plugin generates a new Jenkins (Pipline) parameter every time the job is run

Zoe Slattery (4011720) | asked Oct 25 '16, 3:06 p.m.
Hi -

I'm using the Team Concert plugin (v 1.2.0.1) with Jenkins v 2.19.1 and Pipeline 2.4. Our RTC server is 5.0.2 and so are the build tools.

Normally the build will be triggered on an SCM change, however, I notice that every time I trigger it by requesting from RTC a new parameter is added to the Jenkins configuration. I'm not sure if this is a bug or something wrong with my usage.

Here is my pipeline script:

node {
        checkout scm : [ $class : "RTCScm", overrideGlobal: false, timeout:4800, buildType :[value:"buildDefinition", buildDefinition:"TestStreamForBuildToolsStreamBuild", buildWorkspace:null]]
        pipelineWorkspace = "${env.WORKSPACE}"
        sh 'env'
}

For example, here is a snippet from the config.xml file after several runs.

<hudson.model.StringParameterDefinition>
          <name>buildResultUUID</name>
          <description>The UUID of the build result in RTC. It is supplied by builds initiated through RTC. For builds initiated through Hudson/Jenkins, no value should be supplied.</description>
          <defaultValue/>
        </hudson.model.StringParameterDefinition>
          <description>The UUID of the build result in RTC. It is supplied by builds initiated through RTC. For builds initiated through Hudson/Jenkins, no value should be supplied.</description>
          <defaultValue/>
        </hudson.model.StringParameterDefinition>

Zoe

One answer

permanent link
Sridevi Sangaiah (59179) | answered Oct 25 '16, 10:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This issue was fixed in RTC 601 [Workflow support] Each build request initiated from RTC creates a buildResultUUID parameter in the Jenkins workflow job (363342). It has also been backported to 502iFix012 Each build request initiated from RTC creates additional buildResultUUID parameter in the corresponding Jenkins workflow job for 5.0.2 (366395).

Please raise a defect if you are already using a 502 version which is later than iFix012 and still seeing this issue.

Thanks,
Sridevi

Comments
Zoe Slattery commented Oct 26 '16, 5:56 a.m.

Hi - thanks. Just to be clear, you are talking about an RTC server fix when you say 502iFix012? Our RTC server is at iFix18. I downloaded the 502 Build System Toolkit from Jazz.net late last week and can't see any information about fix levels associated with it.

If you can confirm that it's a server fix I will raise a defect.
Thanks

Sridevi Sangaiah commented Oct 26 '16, 6:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, I am referring to an RTC server fix.

Thanks,
Sridevi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.