It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export to Excel/Word option does not show up as MS office was installed after DOORS NextGen was installed

Vatsal Vakharia (5123) | asked May 13 '13, 2:53 p.m.
Can anyone please tell me how do I make IBM Rational DOORS NextGen show the option to export to MS Excel. Also, Excel does not show up the add in either. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered May 13 '13, 4:25 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is a plan item (59445) for the ability to export from the Doors NextGen client.  There are currently no addins for the Doors NextGen client that allow you to export from Excel to Doors Next, however CSV and ReqIF import are supported in the Web client. 

I'd suggest filing an enhancement request for Excel add-in functionality along with details on how this would benefit your work flow if you wish to see that implemented.

Hope it helps,
Vatsal Vakharia selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Vatsal Vakharia commented May 13 '13, 4:28 p.m.

Thank you. My job depends on DOORS know-how so its very critical for me to know all this. It helped a lot.

Vatsala Ramachandran commented May 14 '13, 1:11 a.m.

Hi Vatsal,

As Benjamin already pointed out, you can perform csv import from the web client, or you can also use the csv import feature in the DOORS NG Rich client.

You can find more information at the following location

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.dng.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_rich_import_csv.html

Thanks,
Vatsala

One other answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered May 13 '13, 4:00 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Vatsal,

You can export to CSV using the Doors NextGen Web UI as outlined in this InfoCenter topic.  Can you elaborate on the missing add-in and what you are missing or expect to be seeing?

Comments
Vatsal Vakharia commented May 13 '13, 4:06 p.m.

I was expecting that if I click on file, in DOORS NG, with the module open, it would show 'Export to'. But it isn't. Also, I was expecting a button in the add ins toolbar in excel to help me export the spreadsheet content to DOORS NG. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.