It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy Paste throws 403 error in some modules but not others in DNG 6.0.6.1

Carol Watson (710118) | asked Nov 18 '21, 5:03 p.m.
edited Nov 18 '21, 5:04 p.m.

I have two users how are unable to Copy/Paste artifacts in Modules within one Project.  They receive the below 403 error. Their permissions are no different than the other authors in the Project, and no one else in this Project has this problem. They can copy/paste in Modules that exist in other Projects without error. Nothing appears in the rm.log when this error occurs.  I've tried removing and re-adding them to the Project, but it didn't help. One is relatively new to DNG but the other has been a user for years.  

Comments
Carol Watson commented Nov 19 '21, 10:28 a.m.

An additional note on this, when the user edits an artifact in a module, it's locking the entire module, which is unusual. 

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 19 '21, 3:04 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please open a case with support ASAP. 

Carol Watson commented Nov 19 '21, 4:15 p.m.

Thanks, will do today!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Carol Watson (710118) | answered Nov 30 '21, 10:31 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

The Support Case response did solve the problem. They directed me to the following workaround, which is to add Modify Folder permission to the Users who experienced the issue. Once added, they could successfully Copy/Paste.

PH17570: DNG: UNABLE TO COPY PASTE REQUIREMENT BETWEEN MODULE DUE TO FOLDER PERMISSION (WI 132093)

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/apar/PH17570

Thanks,

Carol

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 30 '21, 10:58 a.m.

Thanks for this Carol, glad support could help as well. 

One other answer

permanent link
Carol Watson (710118) | answered Nov 19 '21, 4:22 p.m.

TS007590488 opened so I'll close out this question.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 19 '21, 5:47 p.m.

Thanks Carol. If you get a resolution, please post it here and I will accept it. I hope you get your team going soon. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.