It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAM installation/configuration issues

Liora Milbaum (513282117) | asked May 02 '13, 3:25 a.m.
 Hi,

I am in the process of installing and configuring RAM server at a customer site.

The configuration is:
Windows 2008 R2 64 bit
DB2 10.1 Enterprise Server Edition
RAM 7.1.5.2 with embedded WebSphere - 32 bit 

The installation concluded successfully. I used the ram.setup application to setup the server. 
It seems that everything went well. 
But, when I try to run the ram.setup again I hit the following error:

Security Exception
There is a problem with the Security Configuration.

*   This application requires administrative authority. You must be logged in as the WebSphere Application Server administrator.
  *   By default when Administrative Security is enabled, Application Security is disabled. To enable it login to WebSphere Application Server administrative console, Navigate to Security > Global security > Select "Enable application Security" > Save > Restart the server.

I have followed the advised solution with no avail.

I would appreciate your assistance,
Liora

Comments
Rich Kulp commented May 02 '13, 9:55 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Did you make the change to enable application security and save it and then restart your server?

Liora Milbaum commented May 02 '13, 9:57 a.m.

Yes I did.  

2 answers

permanent link
Liora Milbaum (513282117) | answered May 07 '13, 4:26 p.m.
 The problem specified above was fixed. I hit a bunch of installation/configuration issues.  Most of them were solved.

I have one last problem ( I am hopping :-) )

The ram.setup application run successfully. Everything seems to be OK.
But, when I login to the ram application I hit the next error:

"Configuration Error"

You are seeing this screen because there appears to be an error in the repository configuration. Your repository administrator must correct this error"

No idea how to approach this problem.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Liora

Comments
Gili Mendel commented May 08 '13, 8:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Did you go (logged in as admin) to the Administration->Configuration page ? are there any errors/warnings?

Liora Milbaum commented May 08 '13, 7:59 p.m.

Shalom Gili,

The administration page was not there to navigate to. I have an idea what the problem is and going to check it out tomorrow. 

Best
Liora 

Rich Kulp commented May 09 '13, 1:19 p.m.

You need to login as a repository admin to see the configuration page. Are you logged in as repo admin?

If you are and it is not showing up then you got dropped as a repo admin in some way during the migration.

Otherwise the ramdebug logs will explain what is wrong.

permanent link
Liora Milbaum (513282117) | answered May 10 '13, 12:26 p.m.
The problem was that I have typed in WebSphere  Administration console the user id in lower case, where the operating system user id was in upper case.

Comments
Rich Kulp commented May 10 '13, 1:11 p.m.

So your problem is fixed?

Liora Milbaum commented May 10 '13, 1:14 p.m.

Yes. I found an hint to the problem in the ramdebug log file (as you suggested).

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.