It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Systems Requirements Document

Robert Tidy (111) | asked May 01 '13, 11:04 a.m.

The nature of the project I'm on, results in a high number of very brief requirements of only a few sentences.  The client's requirements document consists of tables of requirements grouped by system component.  The default report generated from RRC puts one requirement per page which doesn't satisfy our needs. 

I am looking for any examples of requirements documents generated with RPE / RRDG so that I can make a well supported case for getting the RPE installed. I'm also wondering if any reusable assets (templates) exist that could be uploaded and used with RRDG without ever installing RPE.

Thanks,

Rob.

2 answers

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered May 02 '13, 6:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 02 '13, 6:17 a.m.
Hi Robert,

in the following post: http://sleroyblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/21/reporting/ you will find a bunch of "How To"s and samples listed . For RPE mainly.
Note: it's a map. You'd need to follow the path :
"[sub-domain] Document Generation (RRDG, RPE)" > "Rational Publishing Engine (RPE)" > "How to ?" examples / Tips / related blogs" to access this list.

In addition to this, you could refer to the Reporting workshop (updated for CLM 2012) :
https://jazz.net/library/article/1269

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Stéphane

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered May 02 '13, 7:18 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Another approach would be to put these short artifacts into a module, which gives you the option of adding hierarchy.  RRC will print the module as a document or table, with each artifact being one or more paragraphs (or in your case tables) within it. But this approach cannot be customized as much as using RPE.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.