It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC wizard - publish document from the module

Evgeniya Nikitina (1569) | asked Nov 13 '13, 7:08 a.m.
retagged Nov 13 '13, 12:34 p.m. by Erica Tran (1.4k7)
Hi all!

I am using a configuration of IBM RRC 4.0.4 and RPE 1.1.2.2 document template, running from the RRC server.
How to run the publication the custom report from the module RRC (ie, generate a report with all the artifacts included in the module)?
From the menu artifact with format "Module" exists "Generate a Document-style for artifact", but
when I choose the custom report in RRC, RRC wizard does not see any artifact to be published.
If I choose artifacts in module in their menu doesn't exists "Generate a Document-style for artifact".

Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Alberto Teodoro (6632438) | answered Nov 14 '13, 4:06 a.m.
Hi Evgeniya,
I don't know if I have well understood what you need.

You could do in this way:
1) a new template RPE (file .dta) based on Filter by module: the module reference (name or URI) can be an external variable inserted by the RRC wizard;
2) set up the MANIFEST.MF of RRC for this new Template: the context should be "module"

Ciao
Alberto 

Comments
Evgeniya Nikitina commented Nov 14 '13, 5:41 a.m.

Alberto,
Could you explain in detail what it means "based on Filter by module: the module reference (name or URI)"? In template I am using schema "text" (http<s>://<server>:<port>/rm/publish/text?metadata=schema). There exists "moduleContext" ->..->moduleUrl -> value.
Should I create a container and set the condition "value == Variable", then content of the template put inside this container?
Do you have an example - template RPE that can be used to extract an artifact module?
Thanks!

Jorge Flores commented Nov 22 '13, 11:32 a.m.

Hi,

What you are trying to do is only supported on 4.0.5 and later, please migrate to 4.0.5 and you will notice that the module printing is already working on the reporting wizard.

Regards.

permanent link
Alberto Teodoro (6632438) | answered Nov 18 '13, 5:40 a.m.
Hi Evgeniya,
in the query for the DataSource, you can choose the module:
https://server:port/rm/publish/resources?moduleURI=<module1>

The schema you are using is the correct one.

This query returns the artifacts contained in a module: the value for moduleURI (<module1) can be passed as value by the wizard in RRC.

At the moment I have no template I can show you because we are using Collections and not Modules.

Let me know if you need some other information.
Ciao
Alberto 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.