It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI - Add external data

Angelo Corna (26148381) | asked Apr 28 '13, 3:54 a.m.
edited Apr 28 '13, 3:54 a.m.
 In order to link defects opened in ClearQuest with the Test Case Execution Results in RQM, I've collected the Clearquest data in a csv file and I've added it to RRDI package Reporting Data Model (DW) using the Manage External Data wizard. 
I can add the external data and create a query without problems but when I try to run the report I obtain the following error

QE-DEF-0323 The DSN(ODBC)/ServiceName is invalid. Either the DSN is missing or the host is inaccessible.RQP-DEF-0068 Unable to connect to at least one database during a multi-database attach to 1 database(s) in: cqdata UDA-SQL-0031 Unable to access the "cqdata" database. Check that the connection parameters to the database are configured correctly.  ........

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

permanent link
Jun Wang (6077) | answered May 13 '13, 11:44 p.m.
Do you configure a ODBC type of connection on RRDI server? The connection should be pointed to one ODBC DSN.

I do not know the detailed configuration about your requirement in RRDI. I suggest you post the question to RRDI or Rational Insight forum to get a better answer from there.

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered May 14 '13, 3:23 a.m.
 Looks like the data source connection is incorrect. Please test it in cognos administration and try.

Thanks. 

permanent link
Angelo Corna (26148381) | answered May 17 '13, 8:35 a.m.
Thanks for the responses. Pleas can you indicate me how can I post the question to RRDI or Rational Insight forum?

Bye

Comments
Jun Wang commented May 20 '13, 2:57 a.m.

Post it to Rational Insight forum and add the tags 'rrdi' and 'rational-insight'.

Angelo Corna commented May 20 '13, 3:29 a.m.

I cannot add new tags to this post. Do I need to create a new post?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.