It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exclusive Edit

Peter Osborne (2921719) | asked Feb 11 '13, 2:47 p.m.
retagged Feb 15 '13, 2:13 p.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)
How do I "check out" a test case for editing?  I ran into an issue where I was editing a test script while someone else was also editing.  Needless to say one of us lost all of our edits.  How do you avoid this?  In any typical file system, when a file is opened for editing it is locked to everyone else, that doesn't seem to apply here.

2 answers

permanent link
Peter Osborne (2921719) | answered Feb 11 '13, 4:00 p.m.

For a workaround, lock everything and when you go in to edit ensure you get lock notification.  If not then do not edit as someone else most likely is.  If you do get notification then unlock and edit.  Just remember to lock when done.

permanent link
Laura W. Hinson (16126) | answered Feb 15 '13, 2:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 15 '13, 2:30 p.m.
Hi Peter,

The information center contains a topic about locking and unlocking test artifacts at http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_lock_test_artifact.html.

It looks like an administrator can enable the type of locking that you are looking for.  Does that help?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.