It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Show Planned For per Team Area

Gabriel Ben-harosh Hasson (656) | asked Apr 21 '13, 9:23 a.m.
Hi,

I have the following scenario:
A Project Area with multiple teams.
The Project Area has multiple timelines each associated with a different team.

When creating/viewing a Work Item, the user select a team in "Filed Against", Still,  The "Panned For" attribute is showing all the iterations from all the timelines.

It is possible to present only the iterations associated to the specific team area in "Panned For"?

Thanks,
Gabriel.

One answer

permanent link
Richard Knaster (23817) | answered Apr 21 '13, 6:20 p.m.
Hi Gabriel:

Out of the box, this is the behavoir the RTC provides.  I'd like to recommend that you submit an enhancement request.

You can use javascript in the RTC template to provide the behavoir that you are looking for (just show the planned iterations for a particular team).

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 22 '13, 3:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Richard, I am not sure about the JavaScript. Do you have an example? As far as I can tell, JavaScript in work item customization has no API to fetch complex data e.g. the team are that owns the work item and look up the associated timeline.

Gabriel Ben-harosh Hasson commented Apr 22 '13, 6:00 a.m.

Ralph, is there another way to do it? to show only the relevant iteration for team?

Gabriel. 

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 22 '13, 6:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am unfortunately not aware of a way to do that. The only thing I would consider being possible would be creating a pre condition (advisor) as Java Server extension that would check for the iteration being related to the team and prevent saving the work item if not.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.