It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Updating Iterations in the Eclipse Client

shirit Kidron (1111740) | asked Feb 11 '14, 4:22 a.m.
edited Feb 11 '14, 5:47 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

Hi,

Ver 4.0.3

When Updating Iteration at the web Client; The 'ID' field is disabled so the user can update only the name of the Iteration and not the ID.

At the Eclips client the user can update both.It causes a lots of problems.

Is it a configuration that we should do to the eclips client for prevent from user to update the id of iteration,or a bug?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 11 '14, 4:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I know the ID was always changeable in the Eclipse UI. It has a purpose there as well, at least for me.
I am not aware you can switch this off in the Eclipse client. I was not able to find such a switch.

You should restrict changing this kind of values to users that have a certain degree of knowledge, project area process administration is serious business. A user that has permissions to save it could even change the XML source and damage the process that way.

permanent link
shirit Kidron (1111740) | answered Feb 11 '14, 5:09 a.m.

Hi,

I understand but when updating the Iteration Id ther is a situation where there are different Iterations with the same ID and the work Items related to the Iterations are not reflected at the plan .

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.